springer for the Porkchop

Try using this area for frontend information.
buellfun
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I live in colorado. I have 5 boys. been married 20 years. just got my bike running. I am a sparky by trade. I am really glad to find the guys and gals from the old site. Looking forward to see the site grow and produce nice quality bike through the free infomation found on the board.

springer for the Porkchop

Post by buellfun »

I have a few parts left over parts some springers i built from CSC blueprints. My goal is to use them to build a basic springer, maybe a leafer not to sure how i will be able to use the parts i have left.

I have:
upper and lower trees
springs and rods
rocker and bushings
Also have most of the bolts and nuts

what i dont have and plan to build
spuds for the legs
some of the spring bushings
a way to tie front legs together
and a few other parts i am sure

Posting pics later of what i have and dont have

Chris
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Re: springer for the Porkchop

Post by gww25 »

That sounds cool. Joe made some nice plans so it'd be great to see something come from them as most folks just gave up trying since so much machine work was needed. Improvise and adapt and you'll probably come up with something highly original.
buellfun
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I live in colorado. I have 5 boys. been married 20 years. just got my bike running. I am a sparky by trade. I am really glad to find the guys and gals from the old site. Looking forward to see the site grow and produce nice quality bike through the free infomation found on the board.

Re: springer for the Porkchop

Post by buellfun »

first thing i an going to do is build the leg ends

Joe uses turned spuds I will be using 1\2 plate

Joe also has a 2.063 offset in the front leg. So to avoid this, I will be building a truss across the top, much like Gary does on his springer build.

Also not for sure about set up after reading the othe post.

i have been raising the bike about a inch and set the rockers level with no load on the front end.

That seems to work, but i do beleive I am not doing it right

chris

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”