My Leafer Build

Try using this area for frontend information.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Re: My Leafer Build

Post by gww25 »

If you need to 'skinny' them down a little keep in mind that all you need on the outside of the pivot bushing holes is about .375" and in between the holes about 1.25" of solid stock. Once everything is assembled they won't look nearly as large as they do in the mockup.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Thanks man...I was wondering how much material was needed around the holes.I left .5" around & I'm right st 1.25" thick between the holes.If I find I want to make them thinner,I'll take a little off around the holes.Guess I 'll wait & see after the wheel goes on.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Hey jeff ....was going on??
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Just about everything but bike building.This dry spell brought to you by life.To top it off,got layed off a week ago, been runnin around getting things in order.Should be back to it shortly.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

i feel your pain brother...

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Well...I'm back on it.Mocked up a little diferently, but This is the final.Will add some cross bracing, & start welding up.
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (66.29 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
kheaton
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Ken Heaton. I've been in the medical field in the Army for the past 18 years and work on and build bikes as a hobby. My main hobby and goal is to think of parts that do not exist and make them or modify existing parts. I currently own a 99 Softtail that I bolted together, a 78 Triumph bobber that i built from the ground up, a 75 CB360 cafe, and a 76 Kawasaki KH500 that needs a lot of work. I joined the original forum about 8 years ago and I'm glad to see it up and running again!

Post by kheaton »

Jeff, did you make your axle or did you buy it?
Ken
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

looks good
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

kheaton wrote:Jeff, did you make your axle or did you buy it?
Ken
Still with no axle.The dude that was going to make it left me hangin.I have to find someone else to make one.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

curt wrote:looks good
Thanks...Its all powdered except the rockers.Ill do them whenever I get an axle.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

been following from the beginning it really is lookin good cant wait to see it finished hope i can get back to mine soon
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”