Leg "spuds"

Try using this area for frontend information.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: Leg "spuds"

Post by curt »

ill try get pics tomorro of the progress so far
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I should be in my new shop in May so able to do this kind of stuff for any of you this side of the pond....... :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

what ive got so far sorry took so long to get back busy as hell lately
073.jpg
073.jpg (171.66 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

radius tool Curt ? ...... You know you want one..
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

yes i do max badly i started a thread for designs people have but i havent had time to build one yet thinking i might buy one soon as funds are available
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Got all the bits for my lathe last week and have been putting it back together, untill that is I discover that she's mixed up the order an sent me a mix of imperial and metric piece's....
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Maxthegardener wrote:radius tool Curt ? ...... You know you want one..
RADIUS TOOL? We don't need no stinkin' radius tool!
rad_tool.JPG
rad_tool.JPG (59.1 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

nice wish i had that kind of patience
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

It's not patience my man. I have none of that. It's skill, and you can do it too.

The little handle above moves the tool in/out. The big one below moves the tool side to side.

Start at the end and c-line. Move the little handle(in/out) at a moderate speed. Turn the big handle slowly and speed up. Then start at the od where you think the radius should start. Turn the big handle slowly. Turn the little handle really slow and speed up. Finish with a file.

Try it! I thought it was magic when I saw my father do it. I still think it's magic.

Some tricks: Whichever handle you vary the speed of, you start off with a feel for pressure. As the pressure decreases, increase the speed. A radius on the tool allows for a much more forgiving finish.
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i will give it a shot
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

RADIUS TOOL? We don't need no stinkin' radius tool!
:lol:

oh yes I do...neat trick though...kind of like rubbing your belly and tappin yr head.. :doh: :lol:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Fucking show-off !!! .... ; P
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
rudog
Conventioneer

Post by rudog »

"When you understand the truth...you will realise...that it is not the spoon that bends...but, you who bend around the spoon" said the little bald kid in the budda suit from the Matrix.
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

there is no spoon....................................
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

dam all i got is forks

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”