Harman

Try using this area for frontend information.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Harman

Post by Maxthegardener »

Just a link to the 70's....way cool

http://www.executivechoppers.com/index-2.html
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: Harman

Post by yona »

Harmons are cool to hang on the wall ,but if you want something that works and is adjustable .....and...... looks like a sprider....Check out Jaxon Davies frontends..... has an adjustable cartridge that fit in the back leg and not a welded plate ....it's repairable !
Attachments
Old vs new
Old vs new
JAXON'S SPRINGER GIRDER.jpg (69.56 KiB) Viewed 4756 times
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Is there a web site?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

After posting, with to look for Jax......He told me that he log back in after i sent him the info....he was but he is gone and he hasn't responded to emails nor in the link to his site good any more......?????
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I remember he is in Louisiana, did a search but could not find anything.

Hurricane Katrina caused him some damage if I remember correctly. Hope he is still in business.
Would be great to see him with another site, he had some righteous looking rides on there,
displaying the front ends he was building.
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Thanks for posting that Yona, the rethinking the spring is so obvious its brilliant...Had been thinking they might of somehow been copyrighted?....Is this the guy over on JJ?

Anyway I lifted these from over there, just as a closer look...
Attachments
outside.jpg
outside.jpg (15.14 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
inside.jpg
inside.jpg (30 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Thats an air gun spring right..... ;)
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

max,

i build the original harman's the same way that bill does. Bill is the guy that taught me how to build them and the stoker motor. the spring was custom wound around the corner from the roseville shop.
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

I have been searching for a spring that suits this need. Do you know the spring rate? 100 lbs? Thanks Scott
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

the original legs were .065 wall x 1.00 OD chromoly so the springs had to fit inside of them. I can give you a spring size that will work where i get back home to my notebook. A 100lbs spring rate should work fine.
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

Jaxon got back too me and if you went to bike week, you might have seen some of his work.... he is starting another site and will have it up soon !
Jaxon used to be on the old board , don't know about JJ.... He will be back on soon... just sent him the new site url.... you will have to ask him about copying....
Attachments
jaxon's spirder on trump-1.jpg
jaxon's spirder on trump-1.jpg (252.11 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i like it
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

krymis wrote:the original legs were .065 wall x 1.00 OD chromoly so the springs had to fit inside of them. I can give you a spring size that will work where i get back home to my notebook. A 100lbs spring rate should work fine.

That's really cool. I am not looking to steal ideas and try and start production or anything like that. I was actually investigating it for a build I am doing with a pile of people for an good 'ol biker to get him back in the wind again. He has a disease that keeps him from riding a two wheeler so we are all chipping in to get him on a trike. With that being said, I started thinking of the new style that is being offered that has the front leg at 1.25" and had also been thinking about that. I appreciate the help...........Scott
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I was curious about finding springs, so did a search and found these on McMaster-Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/#compression-springs/=h3143z
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

krymis wrote:the original legs were .065 wall x 1.00 OD chromoly so the springs had to fit inside of them. I can give you a spring size that will work where i get back home to my notebook. A 100lbs spring rate should work fine.

Did ya get home yet Chris? ;)

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”