Updated springer build rules

Try using this area for frontend information.
63SSRagtop
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Have ridden bikes since my teens.. Always been a Harley guy but realized I pretty much dig all motorcycles... I built Daryl's bike from the walking dead series last year which kinda got me hooked on CB750's and now own 6 of them.. Recently acquired a 70's Amen Savior frame which I'm chopping out with a 70's P&P distributors stretched front end and an old school kick start SOHC.

Re: Updated springer build rules

Post by 63SSRagtop »

Heya, been working on a P&P distributors springer and think I have the math figured out with mockup but want to use CAD to verify placement, would you have a recommendation for some that are full featured but easy enough to work with?
grandpanystrom61
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: retired disabled from the USAF in 1983, road bikes when I had not children, had to park it, but now I am riding a Roth designed VW Trike with a Harley front end. Learned a lot from this site, enough to figure out my neck was welded off perpendicular and with a twist, so rebuilding the front neck and forks, again learned most all of it from this site.

Post by grandpanystrom61 »

Very interesting read and I am a jerk just like the wife says. Interesting................
grandpanystrom61
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: retired disabled from the USAF in 1983, road bikes when I had not children, had to park it, but now I am riding a Roth designed VW Trike with a Harley front end. Learned a lot from this site, enough to figure out my neck was welded off perpendicular and with a twist, so rebuilding the front neck and forks, again learned most all of it from this site.

Post by grandpanystrom61 »

Thank you so much for posting this information.
I think I have been stressing to much, or need a medication change, and I pray it is nothing else that is twisting me up.

I am just visiting the site to educate myself and learn what I can. I do not want to offend or upset anyone ever. Not an excuse, but I do get twisted and lost because of a medical condition, mainly medication does it.

Also why I have issues making up my mind on choices, which is better, what can I do, or the big one "what can I afford".

Rebuilding my front end on the trike, first time for everything.

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”