rigid front end

Try using this area for frontend information.
buttcan
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: BIGJIM sent me. However since there have to be two humdred characters or more to send the application through I'll write a bit more. I'm an actual legitamate person, or at least my parents claim that I am. I'm a Paramedic on the north side of Houston texas and I live in Splendora. I hate the hour plus commute but I hate living in the city even more so I tolerate it. My experience with choppers has been mostly with Honda CB750's building several in the past couple years however I'm working on two Shovelheads right now. One is a stock raked frame and the other is a narrow springer rigid. . . . My favorite color is blue and I like chocolate ice cream.... that should about cover it no ?

rigid front end

Post by buttcan »

Okay go ahead and say it... They are dangerous and i probably shouldnt do it..... Now that we have that out there. Who has one or knows about them. Im looking for any info. I know a good bit but since its not smart to run rigid fronts there isnt a whole bunch out there published on em.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: rigid front end

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

If it's not smart.........
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

A telescopic fork extended and raked too far is essentially a rigid , if you are going that route use the most robust trees you can and expect that you ass is gonna get right sore !!
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

if i remember right one of garys writeups on the cd talks a lil about them not real far in depth but if im remembering right guys used em when they were raked real far and they worked they will flex to a degree . anyway id send gary a message id bet if anyone on here would know it would be him
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I don’t remember reading that before.

Quote "Once you get beyond a 38-degree rake angle or so the effectiveness of hydraulic forks starts to diminish rapidly and they start behaving more like a �flexible-beam� system where the fork tubes are taking the entire load by flexing."

So it would be a flexible beam.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

triker_chewie wrote:READ
http://chopperhandbook.com/forks.htm

thats the one thanks
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

freddie hernandez of denvers choppers used 1 1/4" steel tubing at .120 wall and a chromoly liner inside that goes all the way down. same trees as a denvers springer.

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”