my production springer

Try using this area for frontend information.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

my production springer

Post by krymis »

the springer i am doing custom production orders on...that's right i am posting full size blueprints to my production run.
it is a springer that utilizes the same top four plates for all 3 widths. the widths for a narrow glide using a 3" or smaller spool hub, a mid glide using 2000-2012 equivalent sportster hub, or a wide glide using common wide glide hubs.
the following attachments are the width between legs spacing with the lower tree. the tree is designed to hide the 2.5" chopper neck or dust cover. it has a 4" inside width between the 1.25" rear legs.

i also have 4 different tree setups i use. i have an inline, 1" offset, 1.5" offset and a 1.75" offset
Attachments
SKINNY~3.pdf
(4.94 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
SKINNY~2.pdf
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
SKINNY~1.pdf
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Last edited by krymis on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Re: my production springer

Post by krymis »

the trees can be modified as needed to accommodate smaller rear tubes, smaller neck size, etc...this is just my template. the angle lines of the rear are tangent with the .875 radius at the tubes and the 1.25 radius at the neck. the radius at the front is important as it removes material that might hit the spring bridge when in action.
krymis
Conventioneer

Post by krymis »

here are the plate prints
Attachments
swtoptree.pdf
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
swperch.pdf
(4.3 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
swlowertree.pdf
(4.05 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
swbridge.pdf
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
krymis
Conventioneer

Post by krymis »

here are the setups for all three widths with all the plates together we will be doing a build up article using minimal tools. it will follow the lines of the rude crude but focus on this design and the 90* rule.
Attachments
wideallplate.pdf
(6.78 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
narrowallplate.pdf
(6.38 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
midallplate.pdf
(6.9 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
krymis
Conventioneer

Post by krymis »

videos of the way to build it and use the 90* rule will be made this week as we build one. they will be up loaded to youtube.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

kool :popcorn:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

ooh, ooh, ooh, count me in! now i have something to look forward to this week.

:popcorn:

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
kheaton
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Ken Heaton. I've been in the medical field in the Army for the past 18 years and work on and build bikes as a hobby. My main hobby and goal is to think of parts that do not exist and make them or modify existing parts. I currently own a 99 Softtail that I bolted together, a 78 Triumph bobber that i built from the ground up, a 75 CB360 cafe, and a 76 Kawasaki KH500 that needs a lot of work. I joined the original forum about 8 years ago and I'm glad to see it up and running again!

Post by kheaton »

Was the video of this build ever posted on YouTube? I just looked but didn't find anything?
krymis
Conventioneer

Post by krymis »

no we are still tryingto get around to videoing a springer build

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”