Rocker re-design for long chop

Try using this area for frontend information.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Re: Rocker re-design for long chop

Post by gww25 »

That sketch does not look like a 55-degree rake angle. More like a 40.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Would shortening the rear Legs to give the Rockers a better Angle help?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

That sounds like a fair question. The frame does look like it's high in the front as though the front end is simply too long. That would explain the trail and rocker angle.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

with the bike sitting on lawn, it's hard to tell if the rear wheel is in a low spot, but the frame definitely looks high in the front.

If the bike was up higher, far enough to let the forks be in a natural position, or near to it, and we could see a clear side view,
it would be easier to get a good perspective on the whole bike, to compare forks with frame, rocker positions, etc.

In the 2nd pic, the rear leg looks slightly tweaked by the lower tree. but can't tell if it's just the way it looks in the picture.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”