Building a Girder for my Honda Rebel 250

Try using this area for frontend information.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Building a Girder for my Honda Rebel 250

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Tank is at the painter.

Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Throttle came in from Lowriders by Summers.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Rivets are installed. We have a complete fender again. YEAAAAAA

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

lookin' mighty fine. hard to tell just where you're going with the paint, but it'll be fun to see it as it happens.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

budoka wrote:lookin' mighty fine. hard to tell just where you're going with the paint, but it'll be fun to see it as it happens.

take care,
-dan
Thank you sir.
Rear fender will be painted up like the USMC Dress Blue Alpha Pants. Blue with the red blood stripe. The Tank is the Dress Blue Jacket.

It needed a little brass. So it is getting it.
Cut the end off the kicker arm.

Will cut a bolt and weld to the shaft to make longer. Also hides the weld on the inside. Keeping it neat.

Here is what it looks like. Nice.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Fitted it up this mourning.

Nothing like sparking it up first thing in the mourning.

Completed Kicker arm.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

The right side on my tank. He has it looking great. The medals are giving him a little problem. I have faith that that he will get them where he is happy with them.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

The left side of my tank.

Devil Doc

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”