CBH bottom spring pearch pads

Try using this area for frontend information.
userx
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: hey i have been building by hand garage / backyard chopper and bobber motorcycles for a few years now i pride myself in building / fabricating as many parts as possible myself with very basic tools i weld tig stick mig flux whatever but prefer tigging i love old school hand built true custom bikes rather then show bikes i like to see some rust and missing paint pited chrome on my bikes love old worn vintage parts and use them when ever possible i am the king of re-purposing i would love to get into frame building and springer front end building and i bought the plans from chb so i am now acquiring the necessary parts and pieces now to build my first springer now so i'm sure i will have some questions i live in daytona beach fl born and raised fla kracker i work as a industrial mechanic but have also worked as metal fabricator and metal fab is a big part of my job dont know what else to say i'm a typical motor/metal head

CBH bottom spring pearch pads

Post by userx »

not much documentation on the bottom spring perch pads, in cbh plans. so question is what are you guys doing for spring pads on the springer build. how thick do they need to be? and its two peices outer an inner? like my drawing? and they are held in place by the spring rod? and do i need to put them on top of the bottom springs under the top spring plate as well? this is my first springer build.

im guessing somthing like this how tall to make the outer pad?
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: CBH bottom spring pearch pads

Post by budoka »

yep, they are held in place by the rod, and they are actually one piece. let's see if i can upload this pdf for ya.

take care,
-dan
Attachments
Spring_Seats.pdf
(221.56 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
userx
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: hey i have been building by hand garage / backyard chopper and bobber motorcycles for a few years now i pride myself in building / fabricating as many parts as possible myself with very basic tools i weld tig stick mig flux whatever but prefer tigging i love old school hand built true custom bikes rather then show bikes i like to see some rust and missing paint pited chrome on my bikes love old worn vintage parts and use them when ever possible i am the king of re-purposing i would love to get into frame building and springer front end building and i bought the plans from chb so i am now acquiring the necessary parts and pieces now to build my first springer now so i'm sure i will have some questions i live in daytona beach fl born and raised fla kracker i work as a industrial mechanic but have also worked as metal fabricator and metal fab is a big part of my job dont know what else to say i'm a typical motor/metal head

Post by userx »

thanks thats just what I needed
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

no problem, glad i could help ya out. as you get into your build, post up some photos of it if ya get a chance. we'd love to see what you're up to.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”