curts springer build

Try using this area for frontend information.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: curts springer build

Post by curt »

krymis wrote:curt it looks beautiful. the only criticism i can say is i like the look of a spring bridge the is horizontally inline with the lower tree when the bike is weighted and standing up. It looks like your spring bridge may be a little low for my taste. This is one observation i have made of all the "superior" springers on the market. also when the weather breaks we should meet up as you are not that far from me. I would love to look this over in person.

i have thought a lot about where to put the spring bridge the plans say they should be low enough so they dont come in contact with lower tree i personally think the same id like to see it much higher so the top springs are a lil above the top tree . being the first one i have built i learned a lot about the next one im going to build . i love the design i think it looks great but im going to move the springs a lil further foreward on the next one keeping the same design that way i wont have a problem with the tree inter feering with the bridge i gotta work out the math so it still looks close i dont like too much space betweek parts making it look like somethin is missing or wierd should be easy enough . i think it would be great to meet you in person well definatly have to do that. where ya from
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

Central PA. Williamsport area
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

ya thats not far at all nice rideing when the weather allows
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi curt, been a while. Hope things are going good for you, work has been crazy trying to do bodywork in the winter. Trying to make extra funds for the bike building projects, gotta do what we have to. :D :auto-biker:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

ya i hate body work
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

Post by Dan.in.Can »

WOW, what you've done so far looks amazing. very impressive, and inspiring.
if you have two or three wheels and a smile on your face then its all good
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

thanks everyone
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi Curt, i gotta buy a new printer and i need the full scale template of the flat side rockers so i can draw it up for my plates. Lost them from old computer crash and would like to get back working on my springer build, if possible please send me the full scale template of the flat side rockers thanks. :confusion-helpsign: :D
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

pm me your email again cant find it in my contacts
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Curt, could you check your PM's
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Download the Zip file below . It contains 3 files , 1 in Solidworks, 1 in DWG ., and 1 in 3-D PDF.

FLATSTYLEROCKERS.zip
Gary's Flat Style Rockers
(238.77 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

lookin' good man. i'm jealous as hell of you gettin' to do some work. i just got my flywheels back and am itchin' to get some building done in my new workshop, as soon as i can get everything sorted from moving. right now, it's "knuckle in boxes," LOL.

keep posting the progress, it's great to see what you're doing!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i cant wait to see that knuck goin back together love that old stuff

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”