Dick Allen Springers

Try using this area for frontend information.
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Dick Allen Springers

Post by Fossil »

As many of you know we prepared a write-up about building Dick Allen style Springers at the CBH site a few years ago and kind of left the article hanging in the air towards the end. Even unfinished the article receives the greatest number of hits compared to any other topic on the site and we intend on finishing it if possible but even the initial release caused a great concern with Dick's surviving relatives (who seem to be having an internal conflict as to 'rights') but that's another story altogether.
Anyway we will finish this article with the families permission or not. They do own the Dick Allen Products trade name but I own the copyrights to the drawings I prepared in 1969 so the graphics belong to me although this is still in dispute.
Anyway to make a long story short, contact me if you have an interest in these old fork designs and were in the process of making a set for yourself.
The link to the original CBH articles is here:

https://chopperbuildershandbook.com/DIY ... inger.html
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: Dick Allen Springers

Post by budoka »

Thanks for all your hard work, man. the contributions you've made to grassroots chopper building have had an incalculable impact on countless people you'll mostly never meet. i'm just glad to be able to tell you thanks more directly.

we'll love to see anything you put up. THANK YOU!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”