Arlen Ness/Century Fork Plans

Try using this area for frontend information.
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Arlen Ness/Century Fork Plans

Post by Fossil »

I've had scores of request to finish up the build article on the main site about the Ness/Century Springer Forks but don't have time. I did manage however to take pieces of our shop drawings and put them onto 24x36 sheets but the line weights did not convert in the pdf's ver well and parts of the borders are cut off but they are better than nothing.
I'll try to post them now.
N-1.pdf
(108.41 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
I don't think that worked.
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Re: Arlen Ness/Century Fork Plans

Post by Fossil »

I'll try another. No luck. I'll go study up.
Fossil
Tourist

Post by Fossil »

Hopefully other links
Attachments
N-7.pdf
(116.69 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
N-6.pdf
(116.6 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
N-5.pdf
(105.48 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
N-4.pdf
(90.12 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
N-3.pdf
(110.13 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
N-2.pdf
(97.59 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Fossil
Tourist

Post by Fossil »

N-8.pdf
(117.77 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Two sheets did not load so will try again
N-9.pdf
(118.41 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Fossil
Tourist

Post by Fossil »

Consider these works in progress as over the years we modified the process and the drawings may not represent current thinking so I'll revise them when I have time but there is a demand for this info so thought I'd get it out there before I die and they get lost. The Century, welded version is a good little fork set but the old Ness original is marginal at best but people ask me to build them all the time mostly for show bikes,
Fossil
Tourist

Post by Fossil »

TWO-TYPES-2.jpg
TWO-TYPES-2.jpg (218.73 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
Trying a picture
Fossil
Tourist

Post by Fossil »

Both sets in the pic are stock length and went on show bikes. the one in the foreground is old Ness style the one in the background is a Century style build in 2015. The show chrome cost way more than the forks. I almost passed out when I got the bill. These are pretty but a bitch to build as there is a ton of handwork involved plus they are way to short for a guy like me.
When I first drafted the tree plans and created the G-code for the water jet and then saw the parts I thought I had made a mistake with the scale factor since the parts looked like little toys but these are petite little fork sets and like most CBH stuff you can make them at home with simple tools.
Check out the Ness article at the CBH site which now has a new url
https://chopperbuildershandbook.com
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thats some nice work there man thank you
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

incredibly kind of you to share these! i step away for a few days and come back to this awesomeness. now you've got me considering building another set of forks for the knuck to maybe swap out when i feel like.

thanks!!!
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”