CBH springer fork stops - suggestions/pics?

Try using this area for frontend information.
DKillam
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan - it's me again! PLEASE let me join!! My password is "peanut brittle" and I like to share. :) Thanks for taking on this huge undertaking - I'll try not to disappoint - after all, I'm not through with my build stuff!

CBH springer fork stops - suggestions/pics?

Post by DKillam »

I'm sure there are a dozen ways to make fork stops for a springer, but I only need one. lol
Prefer a simple bolt on, if there is such a thing. A pic or two would be nice.

Don
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Re: CBH springer fork stops - suggestions/pics?

Post by Fossil »

The basic external stops (which I much prefer over internals) all follow a similar theme where a horseshoe shaped plate bolts to the top surface of the lower tree and then has studs that extend upwards to intersect the steering neck reinforcement plate.
FORK-STOPS-1.jpg
FORK-STOPS-1.jpg (65.28 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Post by Fossil »

Most are adjustable for stop angle
DKillam
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan - it's me again! PLEASE let me join!! My password is "peanut brittle" and I like to share. :) Thanks for taking on this huge undertaking - I'll try not to disappoint - after all, I'm not through with my build stuff!

Post by DKillam »

Thanks for the pic Gary. I needed a visual to kick start the old grey matter into action.
I appreciate it.

Don

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”