Howto make this ?frontend!

Frontend, suspensions and handling posts.
devilman
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey, how about. I'm Schulz Francisco Santiago, Chile. I am a mechanic and welder, and while working in the manufacture of live traps for almost all animals my true passion are the vehicles, automobiles and motorcycles, restoration of some and making other. I congratulate you sign up for this well of knowledge, im participate in other free information community, chatarrero rat rodders Argentina, where we arrived at interesting things about how and why. Personally I have a collection of more less interesting automobiles and motorcycles, a Mercedes Benz 250 1972 automatic in restoration , a 1967 Chevy II soon to be revived as scrap pick up, and clearly my motorcycles, a Honda CB 450 Nighthawk modified as between wars bike is my current project Is a beautifull engine. I'm making the girder fork at this time, a bobber carried Motorrad, my vehicle abitual a Maico MD 250 awaiting restoration parts for, a Yamaha Enticer waiting for a change of 350 cc engine, a BMW R-67, 1954 waiting also a part of the starting lever. Also chassis, engines, tires, and parts to make what I can think of.

I think i can help and contribute in this community.

A hug for a distance.

Howto make this ?frontend!

Post by devilman »

How about boys and girls! Today I bring you a small challenge, that if I happen to like it but my result that the bike would go to floor as it would turn at high speed ... The bike in question is a bike that will replicate, and even I have in project, Killinger und Freund Friedenstaube 1938. The website is: http://www.berglaufpur.de/berglauf/Moto ... linger.htm

I sent some mails to Mr. Walter Freund stepson, current holder of the manufacturing drawings of this bike and heir of the bike, but got no answer on the suspension system. They are two vertical telescopic fork, bear spring before the post ... the design of the arms that hold me is almost unbelievable, because the bike when cornering would go to the floor, or at least too little inclined to turn the handlebars. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

The frame to know how to make it, a triangulated cage beneath the covers, swingarm and rear suspension spring that direction ... but intrigues me greatly. Could someone shed some light on the problem? By law in these parts can not drive two-stroke motorcycles, so you should use a small motor located in the central area. The original bears Friedenstaube engine two stroke 3 cylinder located on the front wheel, and a total weight less than 120 kg pre WWII a technical marvel. I love design and is very aerodynamic, CX 0.15 to 0.19 ... the issue of side wind as always solved with less inflated tires.

A hug!

Never argue with an idiot, low to his level and beat you by experience.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Howto make this ?frontend!

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I followed the links. Some engineering!

With the 3 cylinders around the front wheel.

The following bike was mentioned here before.

http://www.retronaut.co/2012/03/art-dec ... bike-1936/
devilman
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey, how about. I'm Schulz Francisco Santiago, Chile. I am a mechanic and welder, and while working in the manufacture of live traps for almost all animals my true passion are the vehicles, automobiles and motorcycles, restoration of some and making other. I congratulate you sign up for this well of knowledge, im participate in other free information community, chatarrero rat rodders Argentina, where we arrived at interesting things about how and why. Personally I have a collection of more less interesting automobiles and motorcycles, a Mercedes Benz 250 1972 automatic in restoration , a 1967 Chevy II soon to be revived as scrap pick up, and clearly my motorcycles, a Honda CB 450 Nighthawk modified as between wars bike is my current project Is a beautifull engine. I'm making the girder fork at this time, a bobber carried Motorrad, my vehicle abitual a Maico MD 250 awaiting restoration parts for, a Yamaha Enticer waiting for a change of 350 cc engine, a BMW R-67, 1954 waiting also a part of the starting lever. Also chassis, engines, tires, and parts to make what I can think of.

I think i can help and contribute in this community.

A hug for a distance.

Re: Howto make this ?frontend!

Post by devilman »

This bike is amazing! I love it! The frontend is a springer nearly straight if I remember well ... this is rather a telescopic support arm position and frankly unusual movement ... was supposed to tour as the gods on high speed, but I imagine that you should have much strength to bear part of the weight of the bike in corners ... No videos, but supposedly the same Walter Freund DriveIT to over 140 mph in circuit ... any idea of driving that thing?

A hug!

Never argue with an idiot, low to his level and beat you by experience.

Return to “Forks, Rake and Trail, Suspension Systems”