1979 Honda cb750 comstar rims and tires

This is for posts and questions about the above subjects.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

1979 Honda cb750 comstar rims and tires

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, thought i would post up some pics of my rims and new tires for my honda hardtail chopper build. More pics soon when i get it all setup the way i want it. :D :auto-biker:

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: 1979 Honda cb750 comstar rims and tires

Post by jonester123 »

Well i am getting back to my new front tire mounting on the comstar rim, i already bought a new tube so i can get it put on rim. Then i can finally get the frame setup at proper ride height and finalize rear hardtail frame design and measurements etc. :D :whistle: :dance:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I have a set of those laying out back with my parts bikes.... wondered what they were for....have some of those rims on some 650 xs's with the ribs on each side of the spokes.....
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi yona, i think in 1980 and up honda cb750 changed to the spoke rims. I am useing what i got for now but hopefully later on i will be able to find a good set of spoke rims for the 1979 honda cb750 bobber build. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Yona, here is a better pic of the front and rear rims from my 1979 honda cb750k dohc. Do the rims you have say comstar on them. :whistle:

Return to “Wheels, Tires, Sprockets, Belts, Chains and Brakes”