Magneto Resource

Please use this area for post and questions about the mysteries of motorcycle wiring.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Magneto Resource

Post by railroad bob »

Found a guy in Texas that rebuilds magnetos, sells parts. His focus is industrial and welders, but he has a lot of the common manuf represented, Fairbanks-Morse, etc. Might be a possible source for rebuilding something you have already, or finding one you are looking for, or even just getting some measurements and advice.

There was a thread on AWS that he advertised in.
Here is a link to the thread...
http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?tid=32672

and here is the message that was posted...

Rebuilt & new magnetos sold outright, exchange or repair yours. American Bosch, Fairbanks Morse, Wico, Bendix industrial, Slick industrial & others for welder engines Continental, Hercules & Waukesha 4 & 6 cylinder. 1, 2 & 4 cyld mags for Wisconsin engines. Prices depend on how many new parts needed & labor involved. Tested & rebuilt with special tools & test equipment no guessing. Magnets recharged & thrust bearings set to dial indicator factory standards. Stock & prices change constantly. Many other mags 1 to 8 cylinder industrial & tractor engines of all kinds. Oil field engine magnetos, electronic conversion kits & NOS parts that can't be found I may have or can get them. Carburetor repairs, New carbs, new Wico & FM mags, spark plugs, stock or custom spark plug wires, custom made battery cables, switches, new electronic distributors, electronic modules, regular or shielded ignition coils & other new electrical parts available.
Glen at 806-295-3682 or 806-240-1420 texasmagneto@gmail.com
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: Magneto Resource

Post by railroad bob »

This is a link to ads to sell mags, from the same guy...

http://www.sa200.org/ads/list/13
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Electrical and Wiring”