Old Skool Chopper by Maz

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Old Skool Chopper by Maz

Post by Maz »

I started building this one a while back as a shop run around based on a 1979 Suzuki GS1000 motor - the frame is one of my own hard-tails all fabricated in-house with GS1000 front end, Honda CBR600 rear end, a spare peanut tank and a one-off sprung seat.

Unfortunately when we pulled the motor down to do a big bore conversion on it, we found the bores very badly scored and the crank damaged, so that went in the "strip for spares" pile and I dug out my spare GS750 motor that I had intended for another project. I had to alter the engine mounts as the 750 motor is actually physically bigger than the 1000 and also has a kick starter as well as electric starter.

Wiring was done by my in-house electrician and the paint job was done by me using rattle cans and some old fishnets - yes mine of course :hand:
<br/>

The bars are a set of apes I had lying around with vintage thin grips (AJS) and early HD switches. I made up a mini indicator switch and all wiring is run through the frame as is the rear brake pipe and master cylinder-to-reservoir pipe. The exhaust is another in-house one-off and sounds just right - it scares small children and dogs up to 200 yards :whistle:

<br/>
Here's some pics for you.... :dance:
pic1a.jpg
pic1a.jpg (80.33 KiB) Viewed 7471 times
pic2a.jpg
pic2a.jpg (114.54 KiB) Viewed 7471 times
pic3a.jpg
pic3a.jpg (78.47 KiB) Viewed 7471 times
pic4a.jpg
pic4a.jpg (81.77 KiB) Viewed 7471 times
pic5a.jpg
pic5a.jpg (82.52 KiB) Viewed 7471 times
pic6a.jpg
pic6a.jpg (81.43 KiB) Viewed 7471 times
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: Old Skool Chopper by Maz

Post by Maz »

pic7a.jpg
pic7a.jpg (78.81 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
pic8a.jpg
pic8a.jpg (88.64 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
pic9a.jpg
pic9a.jpg (81.58 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
pic10a.jpg
pic10a.jpg (87.31 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
And here's a pic of my two good friends Gwyneth and Toni having fun on a cold but very sunny day :obscene-drinkingcheers:
pic11a.jpg
pic11a.jpg (74.52 KiB) Viewed 7470 times

friday
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: from jockey journal via NZ . got a shovelhead and a early scout project , planning on a mild custom from ground up = NO cutting only minimising and poss hotting up , so not a butcher here nor a 100 pointer! cheers willy

Post by friday »

looking sweet . I imagine the pipe is friggin loud
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

friday wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:36 pm looking sweet . I imagine the pipe is friggin loud
Actually it is quite mellow - not excessively loud - I do have some video of it (with sound) when I can figure out how to load it on here.... :doh:

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Have just been booked for a photo-shoot with one of the top two UK Custom Bike magazines next week :dance:

friday
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: from jockey journal via NZ . got a shovelhead and a early scout project , planning on a mild custom from ground up = NO cutting only minimising and poss hotting up , so not a butcher here nor a 100 pointer! cheers willy

Post by friday »

good one
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Photographer has just confirmed photo-shoot is on for Wednesday....... :banana-dance:

Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

Congratulations. Which magazine?
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Russ wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 am Congratulations. Which magazine?
The photo-shoot is with 100%Biker Magazine and a guy has just emailed to view it on the same day....... gonna be busy :banana-dance:

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

sweet! congratulations Maz! let us know what issue it's in so we can try to order one!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

budoka wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 am sweet! congratulations Maz! let us know what issue it's in so we can try to order one!

-dan
Thanks - I'll let you know as soon as I know :dance:

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Just to let you guys know, the bike is now sold and on its way to a new owner - a guy from South Wales has bought it for his Lady - expect to see it re-appear in a few months with a Welsh Dragon paint job :shhh:

Thanks for your appreciation of my work - I'll post some more stuff soon :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz

Return to “Project Build-Logs”