In the midst of not so much chaos

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: In the midst of not so much chaos

Post by Maz »

Nice work Max, that is a really good shape.... :clap:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Yeah, the shape is good. Nice work on the brazing.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3162698125.html

You still looking for one of these?
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

That looks mint...Theres a couple imports on the bay at the mo, total wrecks going for that kinda money, Thanks Hans, Cheques in the post :D
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Bungs for tank
Attachments
Photo0160.jpg
Photo0160.jpg (61.01 KiB) Viewed 4352 times
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Nice bits you spun up there man..Goin back over you build, I remember you saying you were thinking about thinning the tank but didnt reslize you did it.Looks good like that.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Harking back to the first photo in the thread, when its all done a ready to go definitely need a video of
you getting up the stairs to the outside. :lol:
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

first test run has to be down country to visit me - and don't forget the chocolate ;) :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

might need a Mr C tank fo that trip Maz ;)

bungs in and stuck the bottom on new filler neck and petcock bung
Attachments
Copy of Photo0167.jpg
Copy of Photo0167.jpg (17.92 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
Copy of Photo0166.jpg
Copy of Photo0166.jpg (9.11 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
Photo0165.jpg
Photo0165.jpg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

I'll get some mounting taps done up

Wished I'd cut a slight tunnel now....
Attachments
Photo0169.jpg
Photo0169.jpg (145.57 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

and a chain tensioner I made up a while back, no spring just a locking nut
Attachments
Copy of Photo0171.jpg
Copy of Photo0171.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

Its coming together nicely. You definately maximized the useful fuel capacity, I like that gooseneck filler. I like the seat mount, too, does that system give you good flex?
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

nice max good seeing someone makin progress
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Maxthegardener wrote:
Wished I'd cut a slight tunnel now....
It's not to late for the tunnel dude.Better to do it now than regret not doin it after you paint.That being said...it does look good the way it is.I made my tensioner the same way.I'll be using mine for more of an adjuster than a tensioner.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder

Iam Sporticus

Post by Maxthegardener »

New Ride
Attachments
Photo0201.jpg
Photo0201.jpg (134.41 KiB) Viewed 4208 times

Return to “Project Build-Logs”