In the midst of not so much chaos

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

In the midst of not so much chaos

Post by Maxthegardener »

So Far so Good .....parts collecting continues...
Attachments
000_0159.jpg
000_0159.jpg (126.94 KiB) Viewed 6037 times
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: In the midst of not so much chaos

Post by jonester123 »

Looks real good man, i wish i was that far along in my build. Have to buy another vehicle since my mothers car died completely and she has no wheels to get around, so my bike building money is being spent on a new vehicle for now. :obscene-drinkingcheers: :D
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Nice! I like the mid's. What's the other side look like???
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

nice lookin ride i like the lines of the frame
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

nice to see you've been busy Max man :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Maxthegardener wrote:So Far so Good .....parts collecting continues...
Looks to me as the collecting part is done.You're puttin a nice ride together Max.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Jeff L wrote:
Maxthegardener wrote:So Far so Good .....parts collecting continues...
Looks to me as the collecting part is done.You're puttin a nice ride together Max.

Your probably right... :D jst refurbed the brakes, brake lines, spacers made up, sprocket and wheel mounted the rear caliper, spent a bundle on bits for the carb, stripped out the electrics, mapped it all out ( easier than I thought , once it was clean, and being armed with the proper Buell manual, only took a year to get) need oil lines, fuel lines, battery, and I reckon a dry runs in order :D

Ditching the seat and the oil tank, made up a new seat pan yesterday out of some plate I found, got enough for a No. plate mount, so that'll keep me oout of trouble for a while...

Ive lost the pans for the bender, I had an offer to get them lasercut, so Iam missing out on that project for a bit
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maxthegardener, did you get the 6 pages of the jd2 bender plans i emailed to you. Let me now if you got them okay or i will re send them to you, your bike is looking awesome man soon you will be riding in the wind. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

jonester123 wrote:Hi maxthegardener, did you get the 6 pages of the jd2 bender plans i emailed to you. Let me now if you got them okay or i will re send them to you, your bike is looking awesome man soon you will be riding in the wind. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
I did thomas but I needed them in PDF format.. thanks for email :dance:
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Oil Tank...
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (26.06 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (27.94 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (20.64 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (25.9 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Air Vent..
Attachments
oops...
oops...
5.jpg (62.94 KiB) Viewed 5926 times
Few pin holes
Few pin holes
6.jpg (25.64 KiB) Viewed 5926 times
Done
Done
7.jpg (19.93 KiB) Viewed 5926 times
on bike
on bike
8.jpg (27.85 KiB) Viewed 5926 times
riceburner
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a motorcycle repairman, artist, fabricator, machinist, welder, bender, fitter, eater, lover, fighter, I live in eastern denial. A man sought to see the Dali Lama he climbed the mountain to find he must spend 5 years in contemplation before he can see the Dali Lama, after 5 years past the man was taken to see the Dali Lama he asked him "what is the meaning of life?" the Dali Lama looked at the man, smiled and said "well my son, life is like a bean stalk, isnt it?"

Post by riceburner »

Pretty cool, I dont think I could have filled such a gap.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

really nice work Max - looks good on the bike too :clap: :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Nice work on the oil bag Max....looks killer
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

riceburner wrote:Pretty cool, I dont think I could have filled such a gap.
It was smaller than it looked 2/8 maybe? did it in a single pass 1.6mm steel, it'll do till I get a new one..not even sure if I want this one...really want a barrel

Return to “Project Build-Logs”