In the midst of not so much chaos

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Re: In the midst of not so much chaos

Post by Maxthegardener »

Finished these Stainless tips....
Attachments
Tips.jpg
Tips.jpg (25.16 KiB) Viewed 4528 times
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Very Nice!! On your own lathe?
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Looks like you're operating the lathe?
If so, I recommend safety glasses brother.
Wanna be able to read the posts, right?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Lookin' nice, Max! Those look like intake rather than exhaust tips.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

On your own lathe?
Does thou doubteth I Hans?? :lol:

Your right of course Bob, must sort out the oil drip also, being covered it motor oil isn't too healthy..but she's like brand new no slack in the saddle or top slide new indexible dials, jacobs drill chuck, found some tool steel in my box and have been using that put Iam going to get some carbide tips also found a bigger size pulley for the motor which will make it a six speed ....
Those look like intake
Funny you should mention that, ............We'll see!
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I missed the picture, looking very nice there Max.
TANSTAAFL
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Cool stuff max,One of these days, I'll get mine set up.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Caught some rays today!! couple of beers and enjoyed me view :lol:
Attachments
000_0207.jpg
000_0207.jpg (105.65 KiB) Viewed 4485 times
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hows it going man, looks like are doing great on your build. Awesome man, check out my welder purchase pics in the tools section. Was a steal of a buy. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Proud!!! Great view, the bike is killer.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

lucky dog
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I like how it sits man When do you plan on firing it up?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Thankyou Gents, Still loads of nickety things to decide on, so probably not soon on the firing up bit, Got a new Bandsaw last week so gonna have some fun setting that up this weekend, then I want to finish my risers for internal wiring..in the meantime gone through a few bits of rod trying to sort out the fender support... ;) Just too fussy....
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

The best kind of view, good looking lady on a fine bike.
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Well its about time I started on finishing my tank, Having decided on the way to go with this, and after being inspired by http://www.silverstonesuperbikes.co.uk/xr69_5.html I decided to do a bit of silicon bronze welding..
Having not had much luck with miging thin sheet, although I understand you can get silicon bronze mig wire..anyway so far removed the whole tunnel section out, First attempt at brazing, really like it so intend to get some practise ;)
Attachments
Copy of Photo0154.jpg
Copy of Photo0154.jpg (22.16 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
Copy of Photo0156.jpg
Copy of Photo0156.jpg (11.12 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
Copy of Photo0159.jpg
Copy of Photo0159.jpg (14.22 KiB) Viewed 4386 times

Return to “Project Build-Logs”