In the midst of not so much chaos

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Re: In the midst of not so much chaos

Post by Maxthegardener »

started on my tank...
Attachments
Split the seam
Split the seam
1.jpg (15.6 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
centred the hole saw
centred the hole saw
2.jpg (13.19 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
removed
removed
3.jpg (11.1 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

only thing I noticed is to remove the bottom, before the fuel tunnel to keep the rigidity in the tank, less likley to make unwanted dents....The other thing I noticed, as theres a bit of chat about the sealer is, there was none..
This was a new Tank, abiet being in store for a while when you look through the fuel tunnel it looked like there was agood thick coating , but actually seen from the inside there is none, as you can see in the bottom pick. So I reckon save your money..
Attachments
Sum of all parts
Sum of all parts
4.jpg (13.05 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
What sealer??
What sealer??
5.jpg (12.1 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Bought a multi speed drill..lol......
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

You're REALLY chopping now...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Looks like your coming right along, Max!!!
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Cant decide weather to slice out the middle or what?
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi man, looking good so far. That gas tank is a mess, almost better to completely re design it. Cutt out all the bad areas and fabricate new. :D :think: :popcorn:
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Kiss my ass :laughing-rolling:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

are you going flat-bottom with that tank or just a small tunnel Max :think:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Small tunnel...so it'll sit on the backbone..
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

That's what I thought....are you going to relocate the fuel pick-up point rearwards? It would increase the available fuel capacity quite a lot...an old problem on sporty tanks..... :think:

Maz xx

Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

heheh...happy a pig in sssssssssshit.....got all the bits for my lathe sorted, been having some fun, two chucks some tooling, and a bag of mixed assortment cut offs....maybe get some cones outa these.for my frame gig..
got some nice stainless for my exhaust tips and I picked up some old header pipes,,for normal rd use :D
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Maxthegardener wrote:.....got all the bits for my lathe sorted...
You stepped in it now, Max. You know we're gonna need :banana-gotpics: of your work. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Maxthegardener wrote:heheh...happy a pig in sssssssssshit.....got all the bits for my lathe sorted, been having some fun, two chucks some tooling, and a bag of mixed assortment cut offs....maybe get some cones outa these.for my frame gig..
got some nice stainless for my exhaust tips and I picked up some old header pipes,,for normal rd use :D
Hey that's great Max-man...now let's see some serious machining for that Buell of yours..... :shifty:

Maz xx

Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Me being a Pig in Shiiiiit... :lol: Having a bit of trouble with clutch slip...
Attachments
Me.jpg
Me.jpg (19.01 KiB) Viewed 3819 times

Return to “Project Build-Logs”