IAFF fire bike

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Re: IAFF fire bike

Post by Indian Mark »

So, did you get the bike out of the dining room? I've got some spare room in my dining room if you need...
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

great to see you getting back on it, John! this bike deserves to be ridden (of course we all know how life has a way of getting in the way of that...).

i'll be looking forward to the progress!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

budoka wrote:great to see you getting back on it, John! this bike deserves to be ridden (of course we all know how life has a way of getting in the way of that...).

i'll be looking forward to the progress!

-dan

HEY, Waddda 'bout me?? (Great to see you john...jeezzz) :violin:
hose_dragger
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Former member of CBH....learning the ways to chop. Had a few bikes before....a few now...and lots more to come. Currently on a trike build, and a bike build. Thanks for having me back on board Dan. Hopefully I will do you guys proud!

Post by hose_dragger »

Hiya Mark.....where are you located now? Back in MI or somewhere else?

Frame and forks are at the painters. I was just there finalizing some details.
The deep candy red will darken slightly towards the bottom of the frame.
He said with the paint being so bright that any oil or dirt will stick out like a sore thumb.

The will do a base of silver for the upper part, then fade the silver base to a graphite on the lower part. Painter said that you will not notice it a whole lot but it helps to hide dirt etc on the lower rails etc.

Frame is sanded and primed.....Candy is being shot this week coming up. Then its on to the detailing.
I will try to get some pics as he progresses.
hose_dragger
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Former member of CBH....learning the ways to chop. Had a few bikes before....a few now...and lots more to come. Currently on a trike build, and a bike build. Thanks for having me back on board Dan. Hopefully I will do you guys proud!

Post by hose_dragger »

Slowly but surely.......
Attachments
100_0001.jpg
100_0001.jpg (76.87 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
100_0003.jpg
100_0003.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

The red just jumps right out at ya...gonna look great
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Looks very nice. Is this the bike getting the Harman girder?
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

man, i know all about the *slowly* part.

it's looking good though, i'm excited for you. it's encouraging to see you still at it.

Mark, you'd better be getting back on yours, too. or, you could always give it to me... :angelic-red:

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
hose_dragger
Lurker

Post by hose_dragger »

Hans....nope the girder is just sitting around for now. Mainly just a building project for me, for future use someday.
Dan....this bike will be on the road someday. Just have way too many side projects and stuff to fully concentrate on it. Tomorrow though, I will be putting the springer back together.
I will take some pics as it progresses again -John
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

Damn........I can't wait to see this bike done. It is gonna be something else!
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

John,
What is that motor your using in this build?
hose_dragger
Lurker

Post by hose_dragger »

Hiya Jim....long time for me being here but.... Motor is a polished Ultima 113

just got the frame back from the painters...sheesh
Attachments
100_0006.jpg
100_0006.jpg (114.35 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
100_0009.jpg
100_0009.jpg (164.87 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
IMG-20140307-00044.jpg
IMG-20140307-00044.jpg (53.78 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
hose_dragger
Lurker

Post by hose_dragger »

couple more....then off to Florida for a week of fishin'
Attachments
IMG-20140307-00045.jpg
IMG-20140307-00045.jpg (66.27 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
IMG-20140307-00046.jpg
IMG-20140307-00046.jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

that is looking just simply incredible, John. i love it.

catch some fish for me too, my friend!

-dan
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

ME LIKE!

Return to “Project Build-Logs”