FIRST BUILD BUELL XB9...sort of

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
ta borom
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Ok, i am from Gozo, Malta, a very small island in the Mediterranean... i work as a Renal Nurse at the local General Hospital and like to chop motorcycles and build all the odd things for bikes. I mainly work with steel but like to incorporate my skills into other metal fab as well especially stainless steel and aluminium.

FIRST BUILD BUELL XB9...sort of

Post by ta borom »

So, as some of you may recognise me from another forum...this is my first build....it is still undergoing construction, but since I am new here, I thought i'll share my sickness with you...

started off with a Buell xb9 engine, some xb parts from E bay...front end and rear swinger and a couple of wheels....

I built the jig first and then bought the original frame to set the jig fixtures accordingly since I wanted to retain all the buell geometry in the frame build...
Attachments
Image0068.jpg
Image0068.jpg (215.36 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
ta borom
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Ok, i am from Gozo, Malta, a very small island in the Mediterranean... i work as a Renal Nurse at the local General Hospital and like to chop motorcycles and build all the odd things for bikes. I mainly work with steel but like to incorporate my skills into other metal fab as well especially stainless steel and aluminium.

Re: FIRST BUILD BUELL XB9...sort of

Post by ta borom »

The original frame
Attachments
Image0070.jpg
Image0070.jpg (243.12 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
ta borom
NewB

Post by ta borom »

measuring.....zzzzz
Attachments
Image0103.jpg
Image0103.jpg (225.63 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
ta borom
NewB

Post by ta borom »

constructed a triangular section to form the upper part of the frame...and drilled lightening holes in it...plugging them with stainless tubing
Attachments
Image0167.jpg
Image0167.jpg (173.75 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
ta borom
NewB

Post by ta borom »

the tail section....sort of trellis frame...will have to hold the fuel tank..
Attachments
P280112_1403.jpg
P280112_1403.jpg (55.82 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
ta borom
NewB

Post by ta borom »

taking shape
Attachments
P280112_1436.jpg
P280112_1436.jpg (83.19 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
ta borom
NewB

Post by ta borom »

skeletal structure coming along
Attachments
P280112_1440.jpg
P280112_1440.jpg (60.49 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Cool backbone, hope you plan on leaving it exposed to view.

Fuel in tail section?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
ta borom
NewB

Post by ta borom »

spine back bone will remain exposed and the fibreglass fuel tank fitted in the tail section
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Might consider carbon fiber. Similar construction, looks better when polished, no need for paint.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Project Build-Logs”