Maz's FZ750 Project

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: Maz's FZ750 Project

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a safe and great new year. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Thanks Thomas - I decided after lunch that I would start into the top frame rails.....and of course me being me I just had to do something completely different for this project..... :doh:
Here I am modelling the latest in designer coveralls....
mazfz750 013.jpg
mazfz750 013.jpg (122.08 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Here are the top rails after bending and the hand made template to check I calculated the bends right....
mazfz750 025.jpg
mazfz750 025.jpg (127.45 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
And here they are mocked up in place......
mazfz750 028.jpg
mazfz750 028.jpg (227.13 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
mazfz750 029.jpg
mazfz750 029.jpg (138.83 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Tomorrow I'll check all the alignments and tack weld in place.....

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Dual backbones, unusual and interesting...
Nice sweep to the bends. Was that hard to do?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
msn1977
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Mark Nienke, I have been a machinest and fabricator for over 30 years. Currently a home shop machinest and future bike builder (some day). Funnest project was my Maadi-Griffin 50 BMG which I built a few years ago. I have owned bikes on and off for the last 40 years. Built and sold two basket case sportsters. I currently own a 2008 Harley V-Rod.

Post by msn1977 »

Very nice Maz.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

railroad bob wrote:Dual backbones, unusual and interesting...
Nice sweep to the bends. Was that hard to do?
Thanks Bob, the hardest part was working out the original design and then "mapping" the bends - it took a bit of time to work out the start points for each of the bends and to correctly calculate the radius of each one etc, but then I hand bent a piece of conduit to use as a checking template and having written it all down (I like to have a recipe) it took only a few minutes to mark out and bend the tubes. I have to say how impressed I have been with my Gottrikes monster bender, its very easy to use and makes doing repeat bends much easier than my old one....and yes I did get both rail the same!!!!!!
msn1977 wrote:Very nice Maz.
Thanks dude, I did say right at the start this was going to be a very "different" build and I'm sticking to it :snooty: :dance: :hand: :banana-dance:

More soon guys :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

the suspense grows....
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Do you remember what I told you 'bout a different way to gusset "diamond" frames ?
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Is that little connector what you are going to use, or will you fit a piece, so that they don't have those big gaps on top and bottom /
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

yona wrote:Is that little connector what you are going to use, or will you fit a piece, so that they don't have those big gaps on top and bottom /
No its just an off-cut that was the right size to use for mocking up - I've already replaced it with a properly shaped piece.....I tend to use whatever is around for mocking up and then fabricate the proper pieces to fit exactly....I've also reshaped the lower rails at the front (tightened up the top bends) to get them to sit just how I want them..... :think: Next will be the split-plates for allowing the lower rails to detach for motor removal........ :shifty:

Next big jobs will be the gas tank and induction system, plus modify a rear fender ..... :think: ....oh yeah, and I need to make a new set of front forks :doh:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

gearhead1951 wrote:Do you remember what I told you 'bout a different way to gusset "diamond" frames ?
I do remember but I don't have a copy of your drawing so please feel free to post it for everyone's benefit.....good ideas should always be shared :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Jeff L wrote:the suspense grows....
I hope you won't be disappointed with the final result Jeff :shifty:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i like that shape looks good on a woman and a bike
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote:i like that shape looks good on a woman and a bike
Why thank you kind sir :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx

Bikesandfires
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a 54yo, fat, balding, bearded motorhead living in the hills of Eastern Ky. 35 year and counting firefighter, retired from 31 years as a crane operator, car nut from birth. I hope my free-mail account doesn't keep me from becoming a member of this message board. Current toys: 1966 Ford Fairlane 500, 1967 Sunbeam Tiger clone project, VW trike project, 18' Thundercraft boat.

Post by Bikesandfires »

Nice pattern on that garage floor Maz...Looks like it doesn't show dirt easily either...
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, now that is what i call a cool wicked looking frame design nice work. :D :popcorn: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Return to “Project Build-Logs”