Maz's FZ750 Project

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Maz's FZ750 Project

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

The hubs are a great detail.

It might be nice to carry the brass/gold color to the wheels. What is black now stays black, and the silver portion gets the brass look.Image
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Hmmmmm, I was going to lose the gold finish and go with a different colour scheme but now you've got me thinking..... :think:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Wide glide girder anyone :think:
Wideglidegirder001.jpg
Wideglidegirder001.jpg (57 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
progress on my FZ project at last...... :banana-dance:

Maz

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, been long time. Glad you are still doing well on your builds. I have been very busy past year with regular life stuff, still have my bike build to get back to working on it. Been rebuilding my Camaro and other projects to pay the bills :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Hi Jonester, I've also been very busy getting my shop going, had to move everything to a new place around a month ago so setting it all up again :doh:

I haven't done much on my FZ750 project for a while but will be getting at it again soon..... several other bike n trike projects happening at the moment so plenty of pics to follow....

Maz

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

I've been stupidly busy for some time, lots of projects on the go....here's a GS1000 bobber frame I did this week, still needs a bit of welding and grinding but you get the idea....
gs1000frameprogress001A.jpg
gs1000frameprogress001A.jpg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
oh yeah and I finally got round to welding up the girders for my FZ750 project....
FZGIRDER001.jpg
FZGIRDER001.jpg (59.42 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
FZGIRDER002.jpg
FZGIRDER002.jpg (58.57 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
FZGIRDER003.jpg
FZGIRDER003.jpg (62.52 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
More soon guys :dance:

Maz

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Great guns,it's Maz. I'm tuned in. Looks good.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Glad to see you're making progress... and posting...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

you go girl! gett'er done!

lookin' good, Maz. glad things seem to be going better for ya.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Hi guys, I'm back again from yet another short stint in hospital - this time I hope to be about for several months before the next visit....

I've been busy (whenever possible) and have built several more rigid and soft-tail frames plus another four trikes since I last posted anything on here - unfortunately my own projects have been at a standstill due to pressure of work....BUT I am determined to get the FZ750 finished for the spring as well as the V12 trike and a few other projects....

So grab a chair and sit back, cos the Bitch is back :dance: :hand: :naughty: :snooty:

Maz

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Maz wrote:Hi guys, I'm back again from yet another short stint in hospital - this time I hope to be about for several months before the next visit....

I've been busy (whenever possible) and have built several more rigid and soft-tail frames plus another four trikes since I last posted anything on here - unfortunately my own projects have been at a standstill due to pressure of work....BUT I am determined to get the FZ750 finished for the spring as well as the V12 trike and a few other projects....

So grab a chair and sit back, cos the Bitch is back :dance: :hand: :naughty: :snooty:

Maz
Damn girl, sorry to hear about the hospital visits, please, please, be well...
TANSTAAFL
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Dont push yerself too hard now lady ! Give it some time to heal !!
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Just before I went into hospital, I bought an old Yammy XV1000 Virago as a donor bike for a future project, it was part stripped and came with a big box of bits.... after checking the box and rumaging around in the stores, I found enough bits to build a softail punk chopper from it.... I don't like the short headstock and rake on the stock XV so I kicked the front out a few inches and raked it, plus lowered the back a little..... our new painter grabbed the tins and ran off into his shed and my crew (including apprentices) grabbed the rest of it..... when I came back from hospital they had finished it... so here's some pics of my No1 apprentice giving it a test ride.....
xv1000project031.jpg
xv1000project031.jpg (68.96 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
xv1000project032.jpg
xv1000project032.jpg (56.73 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
xv1000project033.jpg
xv1000project033.jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
xv1000project028.jpg
xv1000project028.jpg (50.25 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
xv1000project029.jpg
xv1000project029.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
So there it is... PunkBob... my new shop run-around bike...

I just love my crew :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz

railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Looks very good, and I'm VERY GLAD you are feeling up to posting again.
TANSTAAFL
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

railroad bob wrote:Looks very good, and I'm VERY GLAD you are feeling up to posting again.
^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^

Return to “Project Build-Logs”