Maz's FZ750 Project

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: Maz's FZ750 Project

Post by Jeff L »

Nice bars....waiting to see more of the crotch rocket chop
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Jeff L wrote:Nice bars....waiting to see more of the crotch rocket chop
Thanks Jeff, and you won't have to wait long - as soon as I've made some more progress on the other projects in my shop, I'll be getting the FZ done..... :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Ok so this project has been sat gathering dust for far too long, plus the fact several peeps at the local Bike Night asked me what's happening with it.....so I dug out an old prototype set of girders and started mocking up for a long front end and a slightly shorter front end...the frame still needs final welding so I can still change the steering angle....

Moderate rake and long-ish front end....
fz750forks001.jpg
fz750forks001.jpg (53.1 KiB) Viewed 4892 times
More rake and longer front end (how I designed it...)...
fz750forks002.jpg
fz750forks002.jpg (50.51 KiB) Viewed 4892 times
So what do you reckon guys :think:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i like the second one
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

So its been a while since I actually did any work on this project, and in amongst my grief I suddenly felt the need to do something worthwhile... :think:

I had folded up the first two parts of the tank some time ago and also made the fitting for the stock Yammy aircraft filler, ao I decided to tack weld the panels together and complete the filler installation....
This is how it sits in the frame...
FZtank001.jpg
FZtank001.jpg (48.74 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
another view
FZtank002.jpg
FZtank002.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
And with the filler installed...
FZtank003.jpg
FZtank003.jpg (59.87 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
I still have a lot of work to complete it and I've also started on a new wide glide girder front end...... :shhh:

More soon guys

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

:popcorn: :popcorn:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

rest assured your audience awaits..... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Times like this its good to keep busy.Lets your mind focus on other things for at least a little while.....oh...and if there aint no pics.....it never happened.So we do expect to see the progress.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

so I've now got around 20 projects either in the shop, away being powder coated or painted or on their way in so finding space to work on my project is getting difficult.....BUT I did make a start on the new front hub-to-disc adapter/spacers....here's the doings.....

the hub spacer/adapter is in two parts, this piece is the spacer so I can use the caliper I want with my wide-glide girder....
FZhub001.jpg
FZhub001.jpg (48.65 KiB) Viewed 4696 times
And here it is with the disc rotor in place....
FZhub003.jpg
FZhub003.jpg (57.2 KiB) Viewed 4696 times
And then there will be a finishing part which will be cone shaped...plus of course a matching one for the other side......

More updates soon guys

Maz xx

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Nice work. That's an extreme looking rotor.
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

hansgoudzwaard wrote:Nice work. That's an extreme looking rotor.
I pity the squirrell that gets too close.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Thanks guys, its called a Razor Disc but I think its more "buzzsaw"..... :doh:

and here's the centre part half way thru machining.....
FZhub006.jpg
FZhub006.jpg (47 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
More pics when I've put the parts together (along with spacers etc)....

Maz

rakeNtrail
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just a grumpy old welder/chopperhedd Spent far too much time burning wire for a living but hey, one does have to pay the bills ya know! Worked shipyards and fab shops welding about everything stick, mig, tig and sub-arc. Both hand held and automated. Worked weekends in a Honda shop in the late 70's and in an all bike shop in the late 80's thru early 90's. Likes? Choppers, rock-N-roll, NRA and boobies! Dislikes? PC, VD, AARP & NAACP I'm pro business and totally against big government interfering in our daily lives. Live free or die baby and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. Do love little children and puppies though. Both of them can turn me into a 300lb. old softie!

Post by rakeNtrail »

Maz I've got an 18" front wheel that looks just like that one.

It came off of an 82CB750SC (Nighthawk) Don't know how bad the freight
would be but, if you're ever in need of one, It's yours for the freight.

Chop on Mistress, chop on!
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Thanks Dude, I'll have a think about that wheel and get back to you :think:

So here's the other side of the hub....
FZ750lhhubspacer001.jpg
FZ750lhhubspacer001.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
FZ750lhhubspacer002.jpg
FZ750lhhubspacer002.jpg (40.83 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
should be able to get the new wide-glide girder made this week.....more soon guys :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

just about finished, now just have to refurb the wheel....oh yeah and finish building the bike :doh:
razordisknhub001.jpg
razordisknhub001.jpg (53.38 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
razordisknhub002.jpg
razordisknhub002.jpg (52.52 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
razordisknhub004.jpg
razordisknhub004.jpg (49.3 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
razordisknhub005.jpg
razordisknhub005.jpg (52.37 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
more soon....

Maz xx

Return to “Project Build-Logs”