Maz's FZ750 Project

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Maz's FZ750 Project

Post by Maz »

I won't re-post all of the stuff on this project from the old forum cos it will probably kill another server :think: but here's the brief version of the story from somewhere near the start.......

It started with a stock Yamaha FZ750 Genesis...well stock apart from a bad attempt by someone at making a streetfighter out of it (they took the fairing off!!!!)
maz fz750 002a.jpg
maz fz750 002a.jpg (33.79 KiB) Viewed 7903 times
So I pulled it all apart and sold/scrapped everything apart from the motor and electronics
Project 006.jpg
Project 006.jpg (175.11 KiB) Viewed 7903 times
Then I mocked it up with a prototype set of my Diamond Girder forks and a 230/60x15 rear tyre......
FZ750 Mockup001.jpg
FZ750 Mockup001.jpg (165.99 KiB) Viewed 7903 times
oh yeah and I decided to use a single sided swingarm on this project......originally I planned to fabricate my own SSA but I've now decided to use a Honda one that I had lying around.....more soon guys :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: Maz's FZ750 Project

Post by Maz »

I always do things the hard way (as those who know me will agree!) so I designed and fabricated the rear swingarm mounting before making the rest of the frame....
Here it is tack-welded..
Maz FZ750 009.jpg
Maz FZ750 009.jpg (171.57 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
It's not really as mad as it sounds - this subframe will form the centre of the bike's structure as the lower front frame rails will be removeable so I can get the motor out when I need to...... :hand:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, sweet as always going to be another awesome build as usual. :popcorn: :D
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Thanks Thomas, this will be a radical build - nothing old school about this one at all :snooty: :hand: :shhh:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

im definatly lookin foreward to seeing thisone :popcorn:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, radical is also cool just depends on the person i guess, i pretty much like all bikes but prefer the oldskool bikes a bit more. I am not picky as long as it is safe to ride and nicely built thats all that really counts. I am tempted to buy another complete bike for the next project, need to decide what i want for the next build and find the room to store it in my workshops. Bikes here in canada are easy to find and fairly cheap to buy, we will see. Well time for another beer hahaha :clap: :dance: :think:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

stay tooned guys, this one is definately Maz-punk :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Maz wrote: this will be a radical build

Maz xx
Bring it Lady...I like wild one-off shit.This'll be cool to watch.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Thanks Jeff, if you like "wild" then I don't think you will be disappointed..... :shifty: :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

For those who remember from the old place, here's my new front disc....... :think:
and for those who don't....here's my new front disc :banana-dance:
razor disc 001.jpg
razor disc 001.jpg (138.03 KiB) Viewed 7854 times
How's that for radical :shifty: :snooty: :hand:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i like that
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, one word to say sweet . :D :clap: :dance:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Thanks guys - I will be doing one of my"signature" diamond section frames probably with the "snake neck" but like I said, I'm going for a completely different look with this one.....

Move over Steam Punk.....Maz Punk is here :banana-dance: :hand: :naughty: :snooty: :laughing-rolling:

Maz xx

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

And just to clear things up a little , when I suggested one of my designs for your front suspension I meant to say (C) , number 3 in the line up !! :doh: :oops:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

gearhead1951 wrote:And just to clear things up a little , when I suggested one of my designs for your front suspension I meant to say (C) , number 3 in the line up !! :doh: :oops:
gh1951_ideas.jpg
gh1951_ideas.jpg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 7837 times
Looks cool to me dude....... :think: I'll have to do some serious thinking about this....... :shifty:

Maz xx

Return to “Project Build-Logs”