Slow Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Re: Slow Build

Post by rudog »

What would be a reasonable price for those parts fully machined? I see a guy from time to time who's hungry for work.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

if you go to his website he still has springers and parts and other stuff listed and probably wouldnt mind the extra money for his engine couldnt hurt to ask rather see someone from here get the cash my 2 cent
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

curt wrote:if you go to his website he still has springers and parts and other stuff listed and probably wouldnt mind the extra money for his engine couldnt hurt to ask rather see someone from here get the cash my 2 cent
I will ask him, and let him decide. You're right, someone from here first.

rudog wrote:What would be a reasonable price for those parts fully machined? I see a guy from time to time who's hungry for work.
I checked out BEOSC under springer parts and the kit is pretty comprehensive for the money.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Yeah I also hear there's a guy over in Utica New York makes a lovely springer!! :clap:
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Nobody would be cheaper than You.Much more satisfying if you cut them out too.When I cut my Trees, seemed like I was never gonna get done, but watching them take shape to me was well worth the Time.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i gotta admit i been thinkin about the one from beosc too it does look good for the money
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

thanks max going to start another soon got a friend whos got a friend with axcess to a waterjet workin out the details on gettin the plates cut going to do an all stainless springer it will probably be a lil heavier but i cant afford chrome and stainless polishes up real nice probably last forever. i weld stainless machinery everyday so im confident in my ability to weld it without any problems .
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Jeff L wrote:Nobody would be cheaper than You.Much more satisfying if you cut them out too.When I cut my Trees, seemed like I was never gonna get done, but watching them take shape to me was well worth the Time.
I'm going to the metal supply tomorrow .

You did a nice job on your leafer.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

What about .... http://www.mechwerks.com/ ..... he supports .... http://chopperhandbook.com/ .... ?
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

and Steve (Mechwerks) is real good people, too.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Re. MW-Steve

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I have always carefully read anything that he posted. He is very knowledgeable.
I have been to his site recently, and I don't see anything re. springer parts.
I may have missed it.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Like These Beauties?
Like These Beauties?
JOY1.JPG (80.43 KiB) Viewed 4843 times
Gotta Get Busy.
Gotta Get Busy.
JOY2.JPG (76.98 KiB) Viewed 4843 times
MAZ, Where are YOU???
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Love that work bench....course you had to 1-up us and add carpet... : )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

yona wrote: add carpet... : )
It's more comfortable than the doghouse!
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Nice Hans...ya didn't have to build me one too.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain

Return to “Project Build-Logs”