Slow Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: Slow Build

Post by Jeff L »

Nice...is there some kinda formula for cutting them out or is just a cut & fit thing?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Cut and fit on the belt sander. Once you have the approx. size, there is very little shaping to do.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Gary W. illustrated it this way. I like the smooth look.
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

That looks nice.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

If mine looks half that good, I'm going to do without the axle adjusters. I'll use a tensioner like Max.
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

One decision always leads to another question of how to do things. I like the way you decided to cut down your axle plates. I can't wait to see more.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

I like this better

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

This is more like it. Still a bit lumpy, but I'll smooth with surfacing putty, and prime some more.
W/ self etching primer
W/ self etching primer
DSC06831.JPG (142.63 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
Better than before.
Better than before.
DSC06833.JPG (119.16 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

They came out nice man...Gonna start puttin it together now?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Got to gather some parts, and decide quick if to build or buy a springer. I need it to be a roller soon.
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

I vote for build. That way you get exactly what you want without having fitment issues.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
riceburner
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a motorcycle repairman, artist, fabricator, machinist, welder, bender, fitter, eater, lover, fighter, I live in eastern denial. A man sought to see the Dali Lama he climbed the mountain to find he must spend 5 years in contemplation before he can see the Dali Lama, after 5 years past the man was taken to see the Dali Lama he asked him "what is the meaning of life?" the Dali Lama looked at the man, smiled and said "well my son, life is like a bean stalk, isnt it?"

Re: Got some grinding to do.

Post by riceburner »

hansgoudzwaard wrote:
DSC06808.JPG
Did the bondo fix the welds?
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

The bondo worked well. I put a skim coat on sanded and primed. Some high build primer, and that should do it.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I got a quote from a local fab. shop to waterjet the springer parts.

maybenot
maybenot
nsmquote.JPG (50.04 KiB) Viewed 4996 times
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

$200 + more than BEOSC ?? just for a comparison....Doesn't Indian Mark do those pieces?
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I am not even going to consider using the people w/ the quote price.

I don't know if IM does the pieces. He sounds busy doing his regular job.

Return to “Project Build-Logs”