65 BSA chop

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
60bob
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: i live in small town along the 60th paralle NWT Canada. iam working on a 1965 BSA chop. have bought girder plans from Gary and am going to give it try. i am going to post my project and hope to get some advise along the way if i can figure it out i do not have much computer now how

65 BSA chop

Post by 60bob »

i was looking a the cbh planes for girder forks. there is differnent measurments for the yokes if you use flat pivit links compared to the tube ones they are diferent. i will post some pics when learn how i am not good with computers. i have a 30 dgrees neck i dont want to rake it but i want to kick the wheel out as fare as possible with out screwing up the trail. can i make the yokes the same size or will this add to much rake. i want to keep this front end as narrow as possible plan on 1inch tub for front legs 7-8 inch on back 3-4 -inch for yokes that is all i can get way up here in NWT.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: 65 BSA chop

Post by curt »

lots good people here willing to help just let us know welcome to the forum
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
60bob
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: i live in small town along the 60th paralle NWT Canada. iam working on a 1965 BSA chop. have bought girder plans from Gary and am going to give it try. i am going to post my project and hope to get some advise along the way if i can figure it out i do not have much computer now how

Post by 60bob »

thanks Curt when i get mock up done will post some pics i will have lots to ask about no doubt. the girder you did looks great hope to do the same only it will be scaled down for size of the BSA
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thanks was my first attempt i learned one important thing ask lots of questions i just went from what i saw on the plans probably coulda done things easier and better if i picked a few brains first gary's write up on the cd helped alot it might be on his site
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “Project Build-Logs”