69 BSA Rocket3... the Unholy Virgin

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: 69 BSA Rocket3 Chop aka the Unholy Virgin

Post by Jeff L »

budoka wrote: i love the color too. i can just see that with other bare metal bits - aluminum, brass, etc.

-dan
it's funny you say that...I had been thinking about remaking a few of the things like Batery box,chain guard, brake stay & chain tensioner out of aluminum.All of the aluminum will be done in a satin finish... I think it will go real nice with the color.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Big-Steve
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a retired construction electrician, 65 years old been playing with bikes off and on for over 45 years now live in Sedro Woolley Washington was one of first members of the old board after following Gary from chopper web. Now ride a Yamaha Road Star and have four other project bikes waiting have two total knee replacements and L&I has decided to retrain me so am back in college learning Auto Cad, Solidworks, and Catia so when I grow up I can re-enter the job market

Post by Big-Steve »

scan0004 (Small).jpg
scan0004 (Small).jpg (97.88 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
Jeff,
This was a 69 Trident I did back in 73. Hope you enjoy
threes make great rides, hard tail with a 8 in over cb750 front end ( I couldn't afford a springer
at the time
Steve
Big-Steve
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a retired construction electrician, 65 years old been playing with bikes off and on for over 45 years now live in Sedro Woolley Washington was one of first members of the old board after following Gary from chopper web. Now ride a Yamaha Road Star and have four other project bikes waiting have two total knee replacements and L&I has decided to retrain me so am back in college learning Auto Cad, Solidworks, and Catia so when I grow up I can re-enter the job market

Post by Big-Steve »

scan0006 (Small).jpg
scan0006 (Small).jpg (80.9 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
Big-Steve
NewB

Post by Big-Steve »

scan0010 (Small).jpg
scan0010 (Small).jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
Big-Steve
NewB

Post by Big-Steve »

scan0009 (Small).jpg
scan0009 (Small).jpg (84.08 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
Big-Steve
NewB

Post by Big-Steve »

Great fun
Great fun
scan0010 (Small).jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I like that alot man.The molded frame is cool.My little go at doing a little molding proved to me I ain't no body man.I see you kept the oil cooler.Ever run without it?I hope I didn't make a mistake by not running one.Hopefully my oil tank design & running an external filter will
Give me more cooling, I know I'll get a little more volume so that's a plus.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Big-Steve
NewB

Post by Big-Steve »

The trident seemed to run pretty hot without the cooler so I left it on. I thought about mounting it low when
I made the forward controls, but decided it didn't look bad in the original position, so i left it stock.
Rather be safe than sorry. At that time there was a company making a 1350cc kit which I was considering.
I have always missed that bike.Very nice to ride and was always reliable, and very easy to work on. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. :auto-dirtbike:
Steve
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

There are still big bore kits available in 850 & 1000cc.Little to pricey for me...but powder to weight would be rediculous.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

love the frame molding on that remindes me of the old days
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

I finally got off my ass & did a little work.Couple peices shot.Had the same problem with JB weld bleeding through.Going to pick up some lab metal....see what that does.anyway heres a pic of what little I did.
Attachments
DCFC0001.JPG
DCFC0001.JPG (67.81 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

looks sweet Jeff :clap:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Thanks....I had the chance to pressure test my oil tanks tonight too.Back tank came up great...front has a leak...should be able to get them both shot by... Well I better not say.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Finally got tje second oil tank to hold.Originally I had the tamks mounted lower & needed to notch the bottom front to fit.I was having ahellmof a time sealing the welds in tjis area.Finally said fuck it & ut it out.Made up a new peice & weldef it up.Everything holds pressure now botj oil tanks & both gas tanks.Put a bunch of parys in the blast cabinet to prrp for powder.A little lab metal to smooth put some rougj spots & I can powder some more...will have pics when parts come out of the oven.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Sometimes you just gotta go with what works....can't wait to see this all done and ready to ride...... :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Return to “Project Build-Logs”