69 BSA Rocket3... the Unholy Virgin

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: 69 BSA Rocket3... the Unholy Virgin

Post by Jeff L »

Meanwhile back in the Bat Cave.....seems I'm having Technical difficuties.The Coils I picked up have to go back the Posts are all stripped out( what I get for trying to save a Buck).I'll just bite the Bullet for 3 new ones.I was only able to get Spark on 1 Cylinder.We'll see what happens when I get new Coils.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

I've sent you a PM.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Really appreciated that Russ.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

and.......??...... :auto-biker:
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

nothing to report....still stuck with not getting spark. It's frustrated me to the point I just walked away from it. I'm about ready to rip out all the wiring & start over.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

did you get new coils?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Yep....3 new coils,points, condensers. Thinking about it, I have new wires also so never gave them a thought. I'm gonna see if this is where my problem is.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

I'll be god damned if I can find where the problem is. I was planning to convert the bike over to electronic ignition after I got it running. I've decided to pull the trigger & Get a Boyer ignition. I'm also going to make a couple changes while I wait for the extra funds.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Too bad to hear this.

Hope the new setup works for you.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

ign1.JPG
ign1.JPG (100.56 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
ign2.JPG
ign2.JPG (97.63 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
Got a package in the mail...Now I need to get 3 6v coils.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

I GOT SPARK.....bought 3 6v coils & they got here, installed the boyer system, wired her up positive earth & BOOM the spark is strong.....cant tell ya how fuckin stoked I am after struggling with this for so long. I took the carbs off to sort a couple things out, as soon as I get them back on....its outside to see if she will fire.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Ok...i just realized the timing gears will
Index on both the intake & exhaust cams in 3 different positions...I have to solve this little puzzle & still need to sort
A few things out but it is getting closer which is good...
danielles
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Always been around bikes and love to read stories and see pictures of classics. I live in South Jersey in Williamstown. I'm a 50 year old, (mid life crisis, I guess) ready to get back into watching races and buy a bike. Meeting local people in my area that ride is a passion for me.

Post by danielles »

Looks awesome!
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Thanks......christ has it really been that long since I've walked away from this love hate relationship? Well I'm gonna get back on it. Have a bent tappet that I need to replace. Will order that in the next week hopefully & put the top end back together.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Well my tappet finally came in. Got the jug back on & hope to have most of it back to the point I was soon.

Return to “Project Build-Logs”