66 bsa

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
dirtbag
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the old forum, I have more tools and more projects now, I have a wide range of projects , home built boats, a few buggies, snowmachines and a few snowhawks, latly I have been collecting old broken machines most recently a marvel roll in bandsaw, and a old lathe that needs some love from 1908, and about 10 bike projects, most were not running when i got them , same with my mill and bandsaw I had to get them operable. Looking to further my knowledge and share what i can offer..

66 bsa

Post by dirtbag »

howdy folks, not much for posting but am going to try, I appreciate the site and people as I was on the old board, have the cd's from gary and have learned a lot about fabing from them and the old site....and I want to just say to big jim who I talked to on the phone yrs ago I really appreciate the offer to help me out even though I didnt take you up on it, probably dont remember but thanks...

Anyway to the good stuff, 66 bsa

[URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/us
er/diiirtbag/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131117_001404_zpsb9309099.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
Last edited by dirtbag on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtbag
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the old forum, I have more tools and more projects now, I have a wide range of projects , home built boats, a few buggies, snowmachines and a few snowhawks, latly I have been collecting old broken machines most recently a marvel roll in bandsaw, and a old lathe that needs some love from 1908, and about 10 bike projects, most were not running when i got them , same with my mill and bandsaw I had to get them operable. Looking to further my knowledge and share what i can offer..

Re: choppers

Post by dirtbag »

Had to add a bit of tension to get it on center here
I made this to align a old girder, just used some left over bolts and made spacers to make it tight.
Trail was about an inch so back to the drawing board

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

I really like the bsa hope to see more
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

curt wrote:I really like the bsa hope to see more
Thanks........... the bsa story..
Last edited by dirtbag on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

Going to start a thread for my xt
Last edited by dirtbag on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

Glad to see you hear friend!

Love your builds!
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

I like all bikes but have an affection for the british stuff my first bike was a 67 bsa chopped very poorly in the 70s it was a total nightmare but I loved it and learned a lot from it . I like the way you did the bottom of the stem for the front end so it cant pull through on the top it looks like the tree is going to hold the bearing in place or am I seein it wrong?
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

so I need to make a neck for the bsa, I asked about makeing one out of hotrolled 2" as I have some handy, also have a good chunk of 1045 but am concerned about it being to brittle, I have another chunk as a candidate for a neck but not sure what it is 2" with a 1" bore but is not dom, I am thinking its heavy wall pipe, probably going to wait and get a chunk of cold rolled...sucks as I would probably have a good part of it done tonight if I had planned farther ahead, hope their open tommorrow or I will have a week or 2 wait till after the holidays...
Last edited by dirtbag on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

curt wrote:I like all bikes but have an affection for the british stuff my first bike was a 67 bsa chopped very poorly in the 70s it was a total nightmare but I loved it and learned a lot from it . I like the way you did the bottom of the stem for the front end so it cant pull through on the top it looks like the tree is going to hold the bearing in place or am I seein it wrong?
I will get a shot of it with bearing to clarify, the 2 larger diameter spots are where the bearings sit..
dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

Customize IT wrote:Glad to see you hear friend!

Love your builds!
Thanks, and for the encouragement or I would probably be reading and not posting as I have for years now, withou interaction it seems pointless to just post pics and descriptions, not trying to be a cool guy just shareing and trying to learn, I appreciate that your stance is the same..
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

I noticed the bearing spots it looked like a shoulder from the threads to the bearings looked like the tree was meant to stop at the shoulder was wondering how it was going to preload the bearing or if you had another way
dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

Ohh and the forks are going to be rigid, shooting for 7' but will see what trail is, they are 7'6" and planning on trimming a bit to set trail, its comeing out to 65 degrees for the neck and 72 for tubes. 7 degrees in the trees..
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

nice I like long bikes
dirtbag
Lurker

Post by dirtbag »

curt wrote:I noticed the bearing spots it looked like a shoulder from the threads to the bearings looked like the tree was meant to stop at the shoulder was wondering how it was going to preload the bearing or if you had another way
It measured quite tight if my questimations are off for preload I will spin a washer to make proper tension, actually in hinsite I wish I left room for a fat brass washer in there, would have been sweet with a 1/2 chunk of brass..

Return to “Project Build-Logs”