Star

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Re: Star

Post by spidr »

The beater? I could do that.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I like the Bars.How are they mounted to the Forks?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
neale
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I have had an interest in choppers from the '70's when I was in high school, reading custom chopper mag etc, I have never had or built a chopper to date, I'm trying to learn, I am acquiring equipment (tube bender, oxy torch etc) and am trying to get started building up the skills and information I need to get started on building a chopper.
My current bike is a Yamaha XV1000, I would class it as a mild custom rather than a chopper, a lot of the useless (to me) bits have been removed and I am trying to modify and chop a few more things off to get it to a longer, lower, leaner machine with better performance (custom shortened rear shocks, refabricate forward controls and drag bars, try and get raked cups working on it etc), but IMHO it doesn't have the right type of frame to build a "proper" chopper on, so I am looking for a more suitable donor bike for the project.

Post by neale »

Don't know about anyone else, but I'd be quite interested in more detail on the twin carb manifold you made up, looks like it would function quite well. ( I have an XV1000 and the intakes are the same between the XV and XVS ).

Some great work you've done there.

Neale
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Post by spidr »

I'll post up a couple more pics.

Its not tested yet, I was going to go to a single carb, but I want the ss502 kit, to put more power to the tire, and he said a single just doesnt flow enough, and the duals look plain cool.
Been messing with throttle linkages, think I've got it all sorted, just need to put it together, hopefully it wont be too long before I can test it.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Almost done with the cleanup and welding, needs mounting tabs and a cap and petcock..

Trying to decide on a cap though.......Torn between these two styles at the moment....Not those exact ones neccesarily, just pulled random google images. If I could cut threads I'd just do them myself, might end up buying something.....Thoughts?

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

The " Porsche" gas cap. Both these styles are good, but they are going to look tame on your bike.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Got a link?
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Finished out the tank, and started gusseting the forks.
It fits with the bars real tight.

And I made vroom vroom noises.

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

spidr wrote:Got a link?
Like your first one called Speedster (I called it Porsche??)
sptster
sptster
SPEEDSTER.JPG (14.22 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
howabtit?
howabtit?
flying brass.JPG (31.36 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Gotcha. That speedster one is kind of like a lot of them I've found, bunch of guys making them but they're all basically modeled off of an old Halibrand(?) one.
I love the raw look of it over the screw, and I may even be able to make that myself.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

WWW.backyardmetalcasting has all the info you need to cast whatever you want , either there or the linked forum !
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

spidr wrote: It fits with the bars real tight.
It does! Looks good.

How do you work that pattern in?
nutcracker
nutcracker
TITEFITSPIDR.JPG (38.43 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Neat... :popcorn:
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

The body lines are done on a bead roller.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

wow, i love seeing that there are still some folks building stuff. and you seem to be all over it. wicked cool that your kids are in on the act as well. kudos to ya!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “Project Build-Logs”