Star

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Re: Star

Post by spidr »

Oooh. Dammit. Just when I though I was done back there...........

I might just have to make that happen.
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Post by spidr »

my boy popped up this weekend and helped me with a new sissy bar.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

My son and daughter worked together to make me a new taillight. Just need to polish it and go pick up the lense and it can get mounted.

click for video

Instagram

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Todays order of business was some new velocity stacks. Nothing like grabbing a hunk of aluminum and whittling it down to 5% of the weight..........The stainless screens will sandwich filter cloth, and get retained by a internal c-clip.
Also ordered some parts to finish the tank up, and some other bits from some of the Greasy Dozen sponsors, cant wait to get that finished.

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Nice work on the light and the stacks.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Worked on the front end, had to redo a few things and get a fender fitted........

I'm a terrible videographer, but made a video doing the front fender.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQol9p-3IZQ

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Video channel

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Looks fine to me. You have the voice for this. If you make more of these, it's a good learning tool for others.

The velocity stacks stand out nicely.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

I have a face for radio I've been told.......Think the voice goes with it. And thanks.

I'm stoked with the velocity stacks, picked up some clips tonight to finish them up, and got the first of the turn signals machined.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Got some clips and the screens in the velocity stacks. Lense in the taillight and blinker.
And made an internal throttle.

Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

LIKE!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

He has talented kids. ;)

Nice job on the light an throttle.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

We've been picking away, Got a care package from Speed Dealer with some pegs, bolts for the seat, and a site guage, another from TC Bros with baffles, horn, some hardware, Huge thanks to these guys for pitching in, it seriously is awesome to see guys pulling together. That all came at the same time that Biltwell sent out a card, so once I figure out what we can use, we're onto that too. So stoked that its moving along though.

So...........We built an internal throttle. Had to try. Some new bars and grips to go with it.
Added the site tube, some petcock bungs, just need a couple mounts on the tank and its done.
Decided to use shifter pegs for the rear pegs, the look cool and are lower profile, re-mounted the fender, and got the seat mounted with the awesome bolts from Speed Dealer (simple things amuse me)

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

2 of the kids came up and seriously killed it this weekend with me. Dont know what I'd do without them, my hands still fucked up, so they've taken up the slack.
Got a 4140 axle made this week. Replaced the mysteriously broken one.
Front calipers mounted.
New toe pegs
Speed holes in the rear fender
Finished the last of the engine mounts
And so stoked on the foot clutch linkage. Took forever to figure out, but its awesome.
Lots of other bits and pieces I'm forgetting, new heat shield, gussets, Axle spacers.......1 more solid day of fab and it can get torn apart for paint and powder.
Rolled it outside and took some decent pics with a real camera too.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Foot controls......Done.
Petcock in. Tank done short of pressure testing.
Pegs...........Tested for good positioning.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Well, today was the last day it will be together for a while. Finished up the fab work around the tank and fender and tomorrow they are off to paint.

Attached the taillight to a base, built a license plate mount.
Kreemed the tank after we pressure tested it and spent hours chasing pin holes.
Built an electronics tray under the seat, and a new seat pan.
Rebuilt the front end, lost the heim and went to all bronze bushings. New forward leg.
Lost the fixed brake caliper mounts and drew up new floating mounts.

Now the tear down and finish welding, all the tabs and holes for wires, all the finish work starts........Times counting down fast.

And just because I'm stoked to be getting close........

Return to “Project Build-Logs”