Star

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Star

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

spidr wrote:
And just because I'm stoked to be getting close........
Looking at the picture, "stoked" might come to mind. Maybe. :whistle:
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Post by spidr »

I hated the plastic carb tops. So we turned a few. And then they where boring, so I made my best engrave/butcher/carve impretion, and tried to make them a little coooler.

And we redid the brakes. So much better now, brackets need trimming and cleanup, but it works. We;'ve cycled it from fully unloaded to compressed and it travels very nicely.

Then we moved the headlight down, I like it better now. And how it sits till tomorrow, we're going to finish gusseting and welding what we need to, and Tuesday the motor comes out for finish work, then off to powdercoat.

spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Post by spidr »

Almost off topic, but still cool.

The other day, my mom(who works for me), was kind of making fun of my shop monkey for the little bell on the Duece he just bought. And as much as I was making fun of him anyways, I had to stop her and explain the concept of the Gremlin bell.
I guess if you dont know, you wouldnt undertand.
She asked why I didnt have one on mine, and I explained because noone had ever given me one. I had a friend/customer of mine here and he overheard, and today stopped by with coffee, and a little velvet bag, and he told me it would help with my trip.

Very stoked......Its a dumb little piece, but I love it.
And it made for a perfect opportunity. My daughter is a huge part of this thing, and this is the first piece shes taken start to finish without me stepping in somewhere along the line.
She made a little cardboard template, programmed it out, cut it on the cnc, cleaned it, and welded it up.

Needless to say I've got a big shit eating grin on my face, and I'm seriously proud of her.

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Again, tell your daughter we admire her work.

You would like this lads creations.

http://www.choppercompendium.com/ccforu ... f=14&t=477
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

This thing feels so long beside my buddies Buell.......

Since the teachers are still convinced they're worth way more money than they're getting, the kids came up to the shop with me. And they tore it down.....
It's a little lighter now.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

My boy spent 8 hours sanding today.......He's been an ass lately at school, so he needed some "attention"........Which I guess is where I talk while he works.
The up side is that he loves doing the mind numbing sanding more than anything else.
Then he did some sanding on the motor and we splashed a little paint.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

I like the pictures where it starts to look finished......
Racked my brain for how to run an oil pressure guage, finally decided to drill and tap the banjo bolt, and I'm ordering a rear mount 1-1/2" guage to thread directly in.
Painted and polished some more pieces, gonna finish weld the frame tomorrow night, and that way the kids can sand it this weekend and it can leave for powdercoat.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Spent part of the weekend away from this thing, took the family to the lake for some much needed off time, spent part of today doing the tedious bullshit touchups to the frame so it can leave fr powder, but on the way swung past the painters place cause he picked up supplies.......Now I'm excited.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

I hated the layers of years old paint. So the kids tore down the rim, polished the hub and the rim, and painted the spokes.....I just had to rebuild it and true it up.

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

This is the part of a Build I really like.Seeing the Bike finished & sitting raw, then seeing it really come to Life with Color.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Took the girls riding yesterday for my youngests birthday, but today was fathers day so it was all mine.
Sausage and eggs, a motorcycle cofffee mug, and off to the shop with the boy.

Tackled the to-do list, and got the frame knocked off finally, the last detail was where to fit the damn battery, and with that done, it gets a final cleanup and off to powder tomorrow.......

Then me and the boy went riding.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Found out today that a buddy of mine is heading to the mainland tomorrow, and can drop off my pipes for ceramikote, I'm driving the frame and wheel down to the blaster tomorrow to get cleaned and coated, and then me and the boy hopped on the chop and rode out into the country to check on the painter..........
Hes obsessing about details best he can with what I gave him, little less forgiving on a tank with sharp edges everywhere......But I'm excited.

Forgot that my boy discovered the polishing wheel........Teachers went on strike with 2 weeks left in school, so now its chopper school. As it should be.........

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

In the midst of everything, I've been slacking huge. Since I'm tearing the motor apart this winter for pistons and cams, and I'm not sure the color is going to work on the frame, I'm rattle canning the frame and front end for now, so that I'm not powdercoating everything twice if I'm wrong.
Tomorrow night we're going too slap the motor back in and get on re-assembling. Times running out, and I still have to get my damn passport, so I need to get my ass in gear.

66 days, 8 hours, 20 minutes, 32 seconds left until d-day
http://countingdownto.com/countdown/gre ... down-clock

Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

You will get it mate!

I was not sure about the brown every where but, I have been wrong before?

I think you could have sprayed it with WD40 and still had a show winning bike in my opion.

Keep up the Great work Friend. I am whatching altho I do not post alot.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Too much salt water out here, as much as I wanted to do just that..

I think this will be a nice balance, with kind of a retro feel. The frames actually gold, I'll get some pics in the light once the motors back in. With the black, grey, cream and silver accents, Im hoping it all balances out nicely.

Return to “Project Build-Logs”