Star

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Re: Star

Post by spidr »

Was worried about the colors, but not anymore. Stoked about how its coming together. Due to conflicts in my personal shit, I'm rushing to get it together, and I'll worry about the powdercoat this winter.
I really didnt want to, but family first, and I'll be damned if this thing gets back burnered. So off we go. I need to lift the motor out in a few days when my gaskets get here for the side covers, but I'm getting everything fitted to start running wires in the mean time. Hoping its ready for tins when I get them back.
Real happy with the colors so far, and I even guessed right when I put the battery tray in thankfully.

spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Post by spidr »

STRIPPER BAIT. Well.....Big flake anyways........When I put flake on the last bike, the wife asked why.........I told her it was to attract big titty strippers........But damn.......Pics just dont doo it justice.
He spent hours......and hours.......and hours....straightening my lines until he was happy. Cant wait to see the color.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Should have them back this weekend.........So much clear. And I'm in love with the color.
Click for Video of the epicness....

http://instagram.com/p/p-X80aPqYs/?modal=true

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

I'm insanely happy with how these came out. They're drying right now, supposed to go pick them up tomorrow.
I got to help lay out the tape, sometimes I feel like a kid.......Theres 10 coats of clear over the flake and candy, its miles deep, and I cant get over it. Cant wait to get them in the sun tomorrow and hopefully sit them on the frame.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Sick little girl stopped me from grabbing my tins........But in the mean time, got some new all balls bearings for the wheels and the tapered neck conversion, slapped some paint on the front end, had my buddy at the spring shop re-arc the spring a little, so we painted it, ran liner between them, new bushing and slapped it on..........Grab the tins tomorrow and it will look like a bike again.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Picked up the tins........into the back seat with them and try not to drive like my normal asshole self, and the boy just wouldnt let me go home without bolting them up.
And I couldnt not involve all the kids, so we all packed up, and headed up to the shop, and now I'm head over heals.......Fucking love it.
Tucked her in for the night, at least shes in good company.........Super excited to get going quick. Called my buddy at the tire shop and hes got a Metzeler Me880 coming in a day or two for me, my gaskets are in, down to just a couple bits to go......And hopefully I can find the last of my wiring harness.

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Looking very impressive. Can't wait to see it finished.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

My buddy painted my wheel same grey as the tank. Body shop sprayed the frame after the kids smoothed it out some, it looks awesome, of course distaster struck twice.......My boy pulled the fender while I was busy and chipped the fender, luckily it can be hidden with a leather washer.........But then the boy and my mom(they both work at my shop) where wheeling the frame around back and the cables snapped and dropped it, somehow managing to smash every side.......I really love them, but I may have to kill them all now.
On the up side, the slightly off shade of gold works awesome, and the bodywork looks good, so the body shop is re-spraying it for me tomorrow, and since I've got my gaskets now, this weekend it can start going together for the very last time.

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Sucks what happened to the Frame.Nothing that can't be fixed though, & hopefully the Boy came away learning something from this.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

Ya run?

It is coming along killer man!
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

The body shop guys where fucking awesome and slammed it back in for me this morning........I got impatient at the end of the day, and slapped the tins on. Tomorrow we're going to tie up the front end, except for the tire, and get the motor gaskets dealt with and drop it back in. With any luck its a roller by monday. Then the tedious crap can start.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

That point when you're finally loctiting things in place is a happy moment. Getting so close.........And running out of time fast.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Paint........Polish..........Assembly.........New tire...........And I fucked up the tube. Getting closer though. And the photographer dropped by and this could be cool. Just need to get done fast......

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Pic whoring for a moment.........Hours of re-fitting the rear wheel again, paint tolerances are a bitch.........New bearings everywhere, seals, hardware, polish, paint, blahblahblah.........

First time the whore has held herself up in a long time. Getting closer. And we've dubbed her Jezebel.

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

:bow-blue:

Looks like the front end would strike fear in the hearts of millions.

Seriously, very well done.

Return to “Project Build-Logs”