Mini bike project build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: Mini bike project build

Post by jonester123 »

Got front trees and bars all fabricated and mocked up. Ordering front back tires and rims and axles soon.
Attachments
100_1945_zps7324bcca mini bike front end mockup.jpg
100_1945_zps7324bcca mini bike front end mockup.jpg (216.19 KiB) Viewed 4336 times
64pan
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: 56 year old ex-Navy F4 mech from the corn & soybean fields of Illinois, the Navy got me to socal and spoiled me with the weather so I had to stay. I was riding 2 wheels from age ten starting with a Sears mini-bike, then another, next a '72 Aeromachi X-90, '74 Honda XL-125, '77 Superglide, '68 FLH Dresser (I didn't leave it a dresser for long), currently a '64 Duo-Glide I purchased as a basket in 2003. I am not a "builder" though I once "assembled" my '68 shovel engine/trans/misc. into a Paughco rigid frame with bolt-on stuff to fill the gaps, rode it for over 20 years, including several 4000-something mile rides home & back from California. I have always worked on my own bikes except for the few times when I needed machine work. Now that I am older and dumber than I ever thought I would be, but with my youngest son nearly grown, I now have a little time to try to learn to weld better; would like to learn machine work. I found this site looking for tube bender plans, and looked around to see a ton of great information you have assembled here. Thanks for having me.

Post by 64pan »

:auto-biker:
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hey 64pan, soon it will be a roller with all wheels mounted. Check out http://www.oldminibikes.com I am a member there. lots of cool mini bike builds :D
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Frame etched primed three coats and two coats of blue so far. One or two more coats of blue yet.
Attachments
100_1950_zps0dad2eed mini bike frame painted.jpg
100_1950_zps0dad2eed mini bike frame painted.jpg (219.72 KiB) Viewed 4317 times

Return to “Project Build-Logs”