Kandy

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Re: Kandy

Post by spidr »

As long as guys keep looking, I'll keep posting. Thanks.

The boy spent hours polishing the bars while I worked on the other tank. Hes still not done, but it was time for a break, and some pictures in the light since my picture taking skills suck.......

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Is the young'un gonna be "Spidrmyte" !
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Post by spidr »

Borrowed some shocks from a buddy of mine so I can mock up my front end tomorrow, I pulled the rod ends out, and he made me some aluminum bushings. Once UPS shows up tomorrow I can finally see this stuff come together.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

So this happened..........

So this is happening tonight.

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

nice Christmas present! and now, playing in the garage.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Axle sliders fit beautifully, its a little anti-climatic without the wheel, but at least the drum can just hang out there for now.
Put the front end together though, everything fit together with minimal effort, I need to do some tweaking of the spacers that I made, a few adjustments here and there but Dereks parts are awesome. Just cant get enough of them. So tonight since we slammed this together so quick I think I'm just going to chill on it and watch the kids play video games.....

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

My youngest wants to ride this one. She'll actually be able to reach the controls......

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

It was bugging me that the ass was sitting a little low, sitting here visualizing things.
So while me and the boys got it up to ride height, we threw stuff on the scale at the same time.

Frame as it sits with the tanks, front end, and wheel is right at 100lbs
motor is 130lbs
Rear drum is 10lbs
Figuring 20lbs for the rear wheel, another 20lbs for tires, 40(?) for the trans, 50lbs for seat, rear fender, primary and final chain, putting it up to 370lbs?
Shouldnt be a big deal keeping it under 400lbs if I watch the weight......

I've got a buddy that has a hardtail kick only shovel, and swears his is 550 and its pretty stripped down, am I missing some big weight somewhere?

gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

That sounds about right for a bare-bones bike. My philosophy is that if you go over 450 pounds you're just carrying around dead weight somewhere in the design. I've been working on a friends chopped Knuck and having to manhandle it around the shop and doubt that it weights 370 and it's even using a stock frame.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Got some temp spacers in so my front wheel sits nice while I finish buttoning up the front end.
Then while I worked, my boys made some spacers to replace the bearings on a random cb750 wheel I had around, so that at least I have something to look at until my wheel is done at Buchanons.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

In love a little with this wheel. Opened it in the truck before I even got home. Just couldnt wait. Dereks hub that replaces a star hub wheel, All polished stainless spokes laced to a stock italian made harley 16x3.5
After some honey-dos me and the boy got it slipped into the frame and mocked up. Got some spacer work to do, and Buchannons just loose laced the wheel, so I'm offset lacing it to gain myslef a little room but it looks phenomanal.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Did some spacer work today. Got the hub located, now I just need to true up the wheel to center and we're good to go.
Happens quicker with it sitting in the living room at least.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Rolled it outside to try to get some clearer shots in the light, and put it into perspective. It feels tiny even beside my 400.
I love the way the drum sits, I was worried if I'd be able to get it tight to the frame, but it all tucks in there really nice.

Return to “Project Build-Logs”