Kandy

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Re: Kandy

Post by spidr »

And on my end I'm fighting with some aluminum........I hate the point where its ugly.....Have patience though, it will look right when its done.

spidr
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I own a custom fab shop, and build choppers in my off time. I like to build differant from the norm, no cookie cutter stuff, no bolt ons, foot clutch, hardtail, and loud. My kids help me build, they learn how to run the equipment, and we get quality time together while they build some skills.

Post by spidr »

He decided he didnt quite like the radius on the front hub, so he cut it a little deeper to match the front, and countersunk all the spoke holes. Theres a 16x3 drop center rim enroute, down side is when he talked to Buchanons, they want the hub and rim there to set up the spokes, but it'll be worth it in the end.
Hes doing my axles and slider blocks while he's at it, saves me a ton of time, should look badass too, stainless with some brass bits. Good thing he's on a roll because I'm just playing with some cardboard tonight planning the last of the tank pieces, and the seat shape and size.......
On the good side he said he can cut the upper tree tomorrow too........Should be awesome.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Derek Tore down the drum backing plate, he's going to blast it and get it powdercoated for me, and sent me a pic of my pair of hubs.
He also test fit the spoke to make sure it sat nice, he's going to polish it and get it out soon to get laced, and he's cutting down some stainless bolts and rethreading them to the oddball harley 20tpi pitch for the drum.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

I got the left tank most of the way together. still some filling and shaping to do, but I'm happy with the progress.

Derek got the upper tree roughed out yesterday

And got the spacer to locate the backing plate, and a couple brass spacers whipped up for me.
He figures as soon as the rim shows up it'll be ready to go to Buchanons, and the Full polished spokes and nipples, and the bearings showed up for the front wheel today.
And since the stainless bolts showed up for the hub too, he got them cut down and rethreaded.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Derek shot me a morning update. He put a final polish on the front hub, and got it laced up. I wasnt quite sure if it was worth it to go full polished stainless instead of the basic spokes until I got the pics. Seriously looks like jewelry.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Upper tree is almost done.

It doesnt feel quite so small when I stick it beside the others.......

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Trees are almost done......Derek is an artist.
He took my drawings and tweaked them a little, and added a few details. The neck is awesome, the pocket for the internal stop, the stem with the smaller upper bolt and brass insert. Hes going to recess the brass piece, and counterbore the riser holes on the underside, and they're almost ready to go.

We'll have to offset lace the wheel a little, but theres more than enough room to fit in my skinny ass frame.

click for vid........
http://instagram.com/p/wk1ampPqVp/?modal=true

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Big difference in the hub polish. Well worth it.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Initial shine on the hub. Looks even better shiney.
And I needed a change of pace today, so got going on some bars. I radiused the riser bungs so it will flow into the upper tree, that has a recess in it for that purpose, and I'm liking the shape of them. Working on the middle connector now, something I've wanted to do for a while. Going to weld them out and clean them tomorrow, and I'll cut the width down a little when I get the front end installed.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

And the upper tree is pretty much finished......Dereks updates to me keep me going while I'm doing tesious stuff for sure........
Machined a pocket for the brass washer on the stem, tapped the pinch bolts, recessed some pockets on the underside for the riser hardware, and made a pretty trick axle to hold the upper end of the shocks.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Always had this dumb idea to put a cross hair like an old fighter plane had on the gun in a set of handlebars.....I usually run drag bars though so never did.
My boy turned some Stainless bar on the lathe, and we found some stainless rings at the marine shop, so it was worth a try, and I like it so I think this is how I'll finish them out.

Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

I think you need to level your little round table up or you will spill all the whiskey! An umbrella to shade the drinks might be nice.
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Got a good collection of parts heading my way right away.

He decided to use this italian made stocker? rear rim, looks awesome, its heading to Buchanons

And he whipped up some adjuster blocks to go with the axle

The internal steering stop came in, so he's putting the stem in too. I love 12 point hardware.

spidr
Stalker

Post by spidr »

Derek finished up the last couple bits he's doing, and boxed stuff up. Package off to Buchanons, and a couple others to me.
I'm trying to get everything tied up that I can without parts, so me and the boy finished the bars up today, short of a little more blending and polishing......

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

great progress! thanks for taking the effort to post this stuff up. i know how hard it is to do after a day or evening in the shop, to come in and take the time to post stuff up. i know i sure appreciate it, though and i'm sure a lot of other folks do too.

love the crosshairs, i think they fit great.

and i agree, Derek's work really shines (both literally and figuratively).

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “Project Build-Logs”