1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well i am going to repost my project build pics all over again. So slow and steady and it will all be back up and running. :clap: :dance:

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: 1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post by Maz »

Hey Thomas, I hope you've been busy whilst Dan has been fixing up the new the forum....... :think: I'm expecting to see some real progress on your bobber build.... :shifty:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, i have been buying new tools and more materials for the springer build etc. Ordered the 8 ton air hydraulic ram for my jd2 bender so hopefully be able to get going on the hardtail frame build real soon. So you now i have not given up thats for sure.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

ya were all startin over but it gave us all a chance to get work done
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

hey Thomas, looking forward to seeing your progress.
Jim
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi jimmib, glad you made it over to the new forum. The build will continue not giving up to stubborn for that. Lots to do and organize , buying new machinery to help the build go easier. :clap: :think: :auto-biker:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Okay, here is some more pics of the build as it slowly progresses. ;)

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

nice lookin layout there
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks curt, it is starting to finally look the way i want it too. Going to order my new front avon 90/90/19" tire so i can get the bike setup exactly at proper height, then it will make it alot easier to figure out the springer tube lengths etc. :D :think:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

ya your gonna need a the rim and tire your gonna use to set it up properly it shure made mine a lot easier .
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I am using the stock honda comstar rims for the bobber build. The front tire size will stay the same 90/90/19" avon roadrider but the rear tire size is 130/90/17" avon roadrider. So once i get the front tire and mount it on ths stock front comstar rim i will be able to get organized enough to figure out the springer size and lengths i will need etc. :think: :whistle:
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

good to see ya dude. i admire your stubbornness. i look forward to the cheesy grin pics when you get it done.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

yea what he said
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

me too....vote carried :clap: get it built Thomas..... :dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks guys and gals for the vote of confidence, it may be taking me forever it seems but thats what i was expecting since i have never done this heavy of bike fabrication work. Once i manage to get my air hydraulic ram and figure out mounting it all up, then i should be able to get using my bender and learn to get tubing bent up properly. I am going to be also ordering my jig tubing and a bunch of other parts etc during the winter so i have the stuff i need to really get building in the summer again, slow and steady and i will get there. :clap: :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Return to “Project Build-Logs”