1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: 1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post by jonester123 »

Hi yona, i have tried everything to fix the hard drive. The hard drive was nowhere near full so there was still lots of room to save stuff on it, it is simply worn out with bad clusters throughout the hard drive. Going to see if it is worth putting a new hard drive in it depending on costs, i am using a toshiba laptop which is quite old now so not sure if it is cost effective to repair it yet, i will be buying a real good big computer again in a few months hopefully. Would be nice to fix the laptop hardrive if cheap enough so i can continue useing it again, we will see how things go in the new year. :think: :whistle: ;) :obscene-drinkingcheers:
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, here is a youtube video of me working on the 1979 honda cb750 dohc engine. :D :auto-biker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38toUGp1 ... ryJ1Yc0RKM
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Sorry guys hit the wrong video, this is one of my 1980 Z28 Camaro, did something wrong so will go to the practice section again. :doh:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Youtube video of me working on my 1979 honda cb750 dohc engine. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7W7axDA ... ryJ1Yc0RKM
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I guess my videos are not good no comments, i will try some better ones soon. Maybe make a good video of me useing my jd2 tubeing bender as soon as i get the ram mounting bracket done. :think: :D
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

they were good good to put voice with yuor posts
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi Curt, hope you are doing well on your projects. Now that i have figured out how to do and make videos on youtube i will be posting alot more of me working on my stuff. I am looking into buying a better computer, my old laptop is about worn to hell and back. :D :auto-biker:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, been a while. Have not had time to continue building the bike yet, got a few big bodywork repair jobs on friends vehicles. Atleast i am makeing some extra cash so i can get back working on the chopper build when i get these vehicles fixed up. Have not given up just not enough hours in a day with this extra work. :cry: :D :whistle:
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

some how i missed the video posts. looks like you're having fun to me, which is what it's all about, right? chopping in the house, there's just something so right about that. CB750 in the wheelbarrow - too cool.

i can feel ya about never having enough time. i think we need to have about 40 hrs in a day, maybe that would do it. and this sleep requirement that we have gets in the way a lot too.

keep at it though.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi Dan, hope you are doing well. I had to use the wheelbarrow to bring the cb750 engine in my spare room to work on it, it is now on a work table i built for it. Doing bodywork in the winter sucks but can always use the money, hopefully soon i will get back on the bike building. :D :whistle:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well been looking around to purchase a new computer so i can get back to posting pictures of building etc. Friday hopefully will buying another one i put away in the store and will be going to check it out and probably buy it as long as it is good for what i am doing. All the extra bodywok money i have been doing has helped alot to be able to buy one thank god. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well been running around like a chicken with its head cutt off getting a proper space made for my chopper build. Major remodel of workshop, unbolting all 4 of my worktables to make an area of back workshop free for bike building. Now i need to re setup my bike back on the table again, It works out well because i need all the worktables outside workshops so i can get working on the camaro bodywork and welding etc. A few pictures of progress, still need to get my 5 ft ballast light mounted in back workshop and wired up for better lighting. :Dhttp://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac135/Jonester_2010/100_0366.jpg http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0368.jpg
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

My 1st place had really limited space.I was working in a 1 car garage untill I had to cut it in half to make more living space inside.With your space at such a premium, you could gain a little by thinning down the bike table.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Metalbender
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey all, I am finally getting to build my bike the way I want. I settled for stock metric bikes for all these years and I am finally getting to build (modify) my custom bike. I can't afford a Harley so im building an 83 honda shadow. So far I have raked the neck to 40 degrees and am in the process of building a custom set of forks for it. I originally wanted a girder and gathered all the material for the build and then discovered the spirder front end that I am currently working on. I am a fabricator at heart and can gas, stick, tig, and mig weld. Love doing anything with metal. I don't have a garage so my bike is in my (shop) living room currently..lol quite a conversation piece I must add.. I am divorced and it's just me and my 15 year old daughter so things get a little crazy around here sometime. I currently hold the (cool dad) award due to the shop situation..lol Love the site and the information and look forward to helping out any way I can. I have learned a lot from your information that your sharing and am thankfull someone wanted to share the info with us beginners.

Post by Metalbender »

Nice build, I made my slugs out of heavy walled DOM tube and machined to size which worked out pretty well. Wouldn't mind machining you a set if you like. I have more stock or 1" solid stock also if you like. I would need sizes or a piece of the tubing your using to go by. Let me know, not sure what the shipping would be to get to you, but the labor and material wouldn't cost you anything.
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks Metalbender, i have a machine shop in town that can do them for me. I will measure the insides of old and new tubeing with my digital caliper to get the end sizes needed, i will need 3 sleeves in total . One for backbone and left and right bottom rails, i will post the sizes here that i need soon as possible. If you can do them , let me now what the shipping costs be for the three sleeves. :D Setting up my bike build again, have made a better area in workshops just for bike building, Pictures coming soon. :auto-biker:

Return to “Project Build-Logs”