1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Re: 1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post by Maxthegardener »

:D Hey Thomas nice to hear from you again!...Got the snow blower ready to Rock n Roll yet??
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maxthegardener, glad you made it over to the new forum man. Hope your projects are going good, snowblower is all been serviced and ready to go just need to buy another big jerry can full of gas. Gotta be able to keep my driveway and pathways to my workshops clear of snow so i can work in the shops all winter, getting to be time to fire up the workshop heaters so i can still work in there without freezing to death. We get alot of snow here and it gets dam cold also. :clap: :dance: :D
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

its snowin here today nothin thats gonna stay but fn snowing
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Well, got the heaters in the workshops all hooked up and keeping the shops nice and comfortable to work in. I want to keep working all winter to get stufff built on my bike. It good now but just wait till the real cold hits yikes. :think: ;)
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

youd think one of us northern climate guys would come up with some kind of heater we all could build thats cheap to run heats like crazy and easy to build ill have to think about that for a lil while
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

www.backyardmetalcasting.com , check out lionel's waste oil burner experiments and see if you think that a very effecient heater is possible to make from that tech !
:obscene-drinkingcheers:
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

here ya go. works like a sonuvagun, but just DON'T let any water get in the oil supply tank. ask me how i know. :shock:

if you have any questions about the setup, let me know.

-dan
Attachments
waste_oil_heater2.jpg
waste_oil_heater2.jpg (54.74 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
waste_oil_heater1.jpg
waste_oil_heater1.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi dan , very cool heater build there. All i am useing is two 500 square feet table top electric heaters, one is placed in one area where i work in the workshop and the other one is in the other part of workshop. It does usually keep it fairly comfortable but depends on how cold it is outside. :D :whistle:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Todays fun, i moved my bike table from outside into my workshop and started setting it all up again. What a pain in the ass to do by yourself, moved the engine into my spare room on a table so i can work on it inside all winter. Well atleast it is done now i can keep working on it in some comfort from the winter. :shock: :dance: :D

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

looks like a good place to work for the winter
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I can manage to work in the workshops with the 8ft long bike table, but it is a bit tight to get all the way around table. That is why i had it outside of workshops, still need to finish making my 3rd workshop addition for bike table area and building space. :D :think: :whistle:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I get jealous of you guys with all this space and large shops - I have to make do with a workshop that you could just fit a single car into......I need a bigger workshop :pray:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

Maz wrote:I get jealous of you guys with all this space and large shops - I have to make do with a workshop that you could just fit a single car into......I need a bigger workshop :pray:

Maz xx
we all could use a biger shop i think it would be nice to get some of my tools outa the house
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I agree man, i have my darn honda 750 engine in the spare room in my home on a table to work on all winter plus my 1983 yamaha dt100 enduro on a bike stand in the same room. Of course i have my carpet covered with a tarp just in case of a disaster. :shock: :lol: :doh:
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Maz wrote:I get jealous of you guys with all this space and large shops
Maz xx
I started in a 1 car garage that I had to cut in half to make a playroom for my boy.Talk about cramped.Now I have a little more room.....but its never enough.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain

Return to “Project Build-Logs”