Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

That looks soo good.

Nice action on the wheel.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

New leg ends. Rocker clearance solved. Just couldn't cut the rear hook off.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Little more work on the forward controls. Still needs some clean up work.
Ordered aluminum split locks but they sent me steel. Will have to do for now.

Drilled a few holes.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Time to install the tank mounts. Drill holes and weld in the mounting bungs.

Devil Doc
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

good looking progress, man. i like that you ain't afraid of using a hand grinder to get what's in your head out into the real world.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
hardrock785
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a Navy veteran, '72-'75, I was an engineman, WESPAC. I have a stable full of Jap bikes from a step-through Honda 90 to a '79 Wing. I have 3-650 Yamaha twins, two of them have been chopped. I'm 63 years old. I am a retired truck driver. I live in central Montana.

Post by hardrock785 »

looks good david
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Sorry I've been gone a while. Been dealing with cancer. Hope to get back on the projects soon.
Devil Doc
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Swamprabbit1 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:59 pm Sorry I've been gone a while. Been dealing with cancer. Hope to get back on the projects soon.
I hope that you get good treatment and a have speedy recovery. :D
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

cancer sucks . hope you get better soon
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “Project Build-Logs”