Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Getting a few things lined up for my next project. While I wait on the painter for the USMC Rebel. This will be a slow build due to I must finish the USMC Rebel before I go full blown on this build.

Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

This is what it will be going on. After it comes off the frame jig. Thinking something with a Swedish influence.:whistling::nonono:

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Thought I would post up a look at the upper tree compared to the stock upper tree. Used a few of the measurements to create my trees. I machined it to retain the bearing preload nut.

Wanted to post a picture of the top side of the upper tree since I haven't yet.

I stayed with the Rebel steering stem spec's and design on this build due to the load being that simular to the stock design. Unlike the Girder build where the load is on both the Upper and Lower Tree. Again going solid on both.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

The stock stem is capable of handling it on it's own. But a solid stem is better.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

It turned out great.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Did a little deburing on the trees.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Started cleaning up the frame and removing the factory gussets.

You can never have to many grinder setups.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

One gusset gone. Still have to remove the lower gusset.

There is that beautiful neck I've been looking for. He he ha ha

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Started preping the frame for the jig. Building an engine jig. Makes the frame think the engine is still in place. Keeps the frame from flexing when it is cut apart. As keeps my mounts in line. So the engine will bolt right back up like it is suppose to. Still have connect the mount spacers together to make it ridged.

Engine jig in place. Yes that's a budgie cord. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Engine jig in place. Don't think it's going to move now.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Had a few minutes today and desided to do a little mock up. Just to see what it will look like. 6 inch stretch in the back bone here. With about 4 inches rise in the down tube. This is just a mock up.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Spring Perch made. Still have to dress it up and taper ream the holes for the long spring bolts.

Messed with it a little this mourning before work. To get an idea of the Rake I would be needing. With the leg length I want to run.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

47.60 degrees. Looks good to me. Still have to clean up the stock neck. This one is for mock up

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

I bent up another piece of tubing today for a True Goose Neck look. I think I like the curved down tube better. Yes the rake is now 55*.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Started getting my trees ready to build.

Devil Doc

Return to “Project Build-Logs”