Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Axle plates fitted to the radius, Drilled and tapped for the axle adjuster bolts.

Started on the upper tube.

Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Got a little more work done today at lunch.

Can you say grinning like a opossum.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Got a little work done on the cross braces this week. Almost ready to weld up the rear of the frame. All butt joints plug welded. Butt joints have been gaped to allow penetration welds into the plugs and the joining tubes.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Some changes have been made. Will be running a 21" font wheel for sure. Whit that being said. The original springer tree was built off the Rebel's factory front wheel. Since I will be running a Narrow Glide 21" front wheel with break rotor. I am able to narrow the trees up a total of 2 inches.
Here is the new springer trees Cyclopes Style but with my own design. (Cyclopes or Pogo Stick style means a single spring design) My spring perch is also incorporated into the lower tree instaed of have a mid spring perch.

Devil Doc
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

That will be a nice springer. I did an online Cyclops image search, and some examples of a Ron Finch springer came up.

Good job. :popcorn:
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

hansgoudzwaard wrote:That will be a nice springer. I did an online Cyclops image search, and some examples of a Ron Finch springer came up.

Good job. :popcorn:
Yes it will. That is my inspiration coming from. Ron is a great guy with a wide open mind.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Started the layout on steel for the new springer trees. Used Blue Layout Ink. Will use the Red next time. LOL

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Plate stacked to insure hole alignment.

4 more holes to go. Then to start cutting the outline.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

2 more holes for the inside radius.

Couple cuts made today. Starting to take shape.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

A little update. Frame welded and primered (surface rust reasons). Fitting up the curved rear support tubes. Next will focus on the neck support.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Started working on me a couple different intake setup. Not sure which one I will use till the motor is in the frame. That and leg placement is determined.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Recieved my Velocity Stacks from Mike at Steel Dragon Performance. He did great work. Really like the look and how they turned out. Thanks Mike.

Devil Doc
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

lookin' good there Brer' Rabbit !! :auto-dirtbike: :popcorn: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Neck brace cut and fitted up.

Pattern transferred to the neck brace. Next to cut out the trident.

Thanks gearhead1951.
Devil Doc

Return to “Project Build-Logs”