Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Spring perch with the Rebel badge. Where it will be on the springer.

Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

The frame made it in the jig finally and started loosing weight. He he ha ha

Frame slugs arrived.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Lost a little more weight.

Started on the lower tubes and moved the rear axle jig back 4 inches.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Bent some more tubing up today.

Bent a little kick up at the end. Have something planed for the ending. Hope it works out.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Got the bottom tubes about where I want them to look.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

No turning back now. Swing arm brackets are gone. Gotta love cardboard.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Started on the down tube this mourning. Time to roll the curve in it.
1-1/2 DOM 0.120 Tubing. I use 0.120 wall on everything. It's stronger than the factory 0.080 wall tubing.

Still have a little ways to go.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Almost there. Final tweking and cutting to fit.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Got the down tube fitted up this mourning before work.

Just a sneak peek. Will have to wait to see where this is headed.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Here it is the down tube. Turned out pretty good.

Took big pieces and made little pieces.

Cut a few holes in the down tube.

Inserted the little pieces into the big piece (down tube)
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Well here it is. Still have to weld up the little pieces.

Devil Doc
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Dude...you really should putt this in build logs. The job you're doing deserves a dedicated thread.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I agree with Jeff.

I am following this one.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Lower rail radius cut. Now to mold and shape the axle plate to better fit the radius.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Playing with the cardboard again. Making a template to help fit the axle plates to tubing radius.

Devil Doc

Return to “Project Build-Logs”