Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Customize IT wrote:that is what I get on my chops in distance 75 miles 1.75 gallon tanks.
You are riding a hardtail breaks are not bad?
I like pulling in gas station also and you will too see the heads turn and people looking at your chop. She will be a real head turner!
Thank's Nate. Yours is coming along great also.
Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

The engine is in it.
2009 model with 176 miles on it.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

:mrgreen: Good to see progress! You have messed wit the confuser long enough now back to work!
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Threaded upper leg inserts.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Brake pivot.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Leg tubing arrived today. 1-1/4 x 0.250 x 48".

Threaded inserts installed and ready to weld up.

Looks great.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Now that's one pretty set of long legs.
All it needs now is an long set of drop rockers. Sweet.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Looking good. Mock up look.
Looking at 7" drop rockers.

Devil Doc
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Swamprabbit1 wrote:Looking good. Mock up look.
Looking at 7" drop rockers.

It looks amazing. Can't wait to see the rockers.
2Loose
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Maui boy, farm systems mechanical engineer, sugar cane and pineapple, retired, chopped a '62 FL in '68, still have it, have five HD projects in the shop right now, three are panheads. Try to work on them every day, but often looking for or waiting for parts. Nothing stock going on here, all hot rod street oriental, and mostly old style.

Post by 2Loose »

Finally sat down and read thru the whole thread.
Always fun to watch a job like this come together.
Count me as another fan of this project...
Aloha,
Willy
The faster I go, the behinder I get....
I never look over my shoulder, I know what's back there, and it scares the hell outta me !!

Return to “Project Build-Logs”