Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Drilling holes and cutting metal.

Using my body saw. Now everything I touch for the rest of the day will feel funny. He he ha ha

Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Time to clean it up.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Well it's out of the jig. About time. LOL

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

How about mock up Monday. Used a triple tree and +7 forks just for mock up to get the look. The tool box is 6 foot long.

Neck bearings installed.

Devil Doc
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Oh shiite Yes, I would be smiling too. Looks sooo good.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Did a little more work on the upper springer tree.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Was able to work on the trees/yokes a little more this week.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Time to fit the tank up.

Devil Doc
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Not much capacity in that tank is there ? :D
funfool
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Howdy, I use to ride bikes and fix them, build them, cut them up and put them together again.
I dunno life comes along, promotions and longer hours at work kids .... then one day I wake up, and I just have to build another bike and start riding again.
I am looking for a site just like this to gain knowledge, look at the builds ...loving the way the board index is laid out. I have 90% of the tools I need, mill lathe etc... just need to refresh.

Post by funfool »

Thats the beauty of a bike thats get 70mpg :auto-dirtbike:
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

So you get 70 miles between fillups ? :lol:
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Ha ha ha It's a local around town bike anyway. Short runs. 70 miles. Gas stations are that close here so I should be good. He he ha h aha ah ahahahaha
Devil Doc
gearhead1951
Builder

Post by gearhead1951 »

Yeah and if you need more you can always hang a jerry can with an electric fuel pump installed off of one side like a saddle bag and refuel the main tank on the fly !!
:lol: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :popcorn:
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

that is what I get on my chops in distance 75 miles 1.75 gallon tanks.
You are riding a hardtail breaks are not bad?
I like pulling in gas station also and you will too see the heads turn and people looking at your chop. She will be a real head turner!
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Upper spring seat. From Red and Kate at Cycle One. And lower spring.

Devil Doc

Return to “Project Build-Logs”